Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Trusting....

Sometimes life just plain gets in the way and goes to fast.. We get so busy with our day to day and it can get overwhelming. That's what happens sometimes around here. I am so thankful for a God that will help me bring things back into focus gently but firmly.. He lets me know when I need to get my life lined back up with where he wants me to go.  I have been independent since the day I was born according to my mom. This independence gets me in trouble sometimes. I try to do it myself and fail miserably. I was reminded again tonight that I need to take time to talk to my God. That He is there for me if I will but let him shoulder the burden..
 Where ever I am He is there to answer my prayers. Whether I am laying in bed trying to sleep or if I am going about my daily routine even in the goat pen... All I have to say is his name.. Jesus... I can feel his presence surrounding and comforting me. I can pour my heart out to him in the silence of the night and he understands. He hears the prayers in my heart that are to hard to speak. There is no Peace like the peace of God in your heart and mind.
 When people fail, life seems upside down and sideways He makes a way. Maybe not the way I see it but its Always much better than I could have worked out on my own.. When I am headed in the wrong direction he gets my attention and steers me back around. I just have to trust Him. He has my life and my family in the palm of his hand. I just need to leave them there and have a little faith.... It just takes a little bit.. Now if I quit snatching back the worries that I have placed in his hands everything will be all right! He has this under control, I just have to quit trying to control things.
 I want to ask myself a few questions each day...
 Did my life Glorify God today?
Was I a light to my Husband?
Did I teach my girls one thing about God today?
Proverbs 3:5-6
 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thy own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths.

You just never know what I am going to come up with are ya?

7 comments:

lisa said...

((( HUGS))) I so understand your post today. Thank you for reminding me to just let go of my fears...It was so good to read this..Lisa

the Goodwife said...

I think this is my favorite post you've ever done!

Brenda said...

I am so glad God sees all of our situations and is in control. He does care about the smallest detail and is as close as the mention of His name. I also have to remember to let go and quit picking the problems back up. Thanks for the reminder.

Flat Creek Farm said...

Well, you were talking about me when you mentioned trying to snatch back those worries placed in God's hands! Well put! :) We can do it though. Great post, Tonia! I also want to say..
Merry Christmas to you and your family!! -Tammy

Deairdre said...

Thank you so much for the reminder! Very timely :)

Nancy said...

Glad that you found your grounding spot in these hurried holiday times. :)

OurCrazyFarm said...

Loved this post:))))