Monday, November 1, 2010

Responding To Comments & Various Updates.....


 Deer Hunting
First No Deer Yet! Thanks to horses in the wrong pasture who decided that underneath the deer stand was an excellent place to stand.. They do have regular rifle season and another Youth and Doe season in the next couple of months.

Goat Feeders & Feeding the stinkers!
On the PVC goat feeders I think I had wider PVC pipe and a place to hang them they would work hanging of the side of a panel. The only panels I have are in the buck pen and in the barn. Grain falls down between the tarp and feeder and draws little creature like bugs and mice...
 I had thought to tie them and feed individually.. But I only have so many minutes in my day and it was taking to long.. The grain they get is to supplement the Hay and pasture. I have found with my milkers especially that they don't keep good condition with out it. So until I find a reasonable substitute that is how it has to work...

Chicken house link. This is how we built the chicken house. Click Here> Chicken Panel House  I still have a few supporting 2X3's to go in the door and the front but its one of those things that have gotten pushed to the bottom of the list.. 

On PROP B...  All those Anon or No/Private Profile Commenter's that get hateful or otherwise rude ROFL!!! You are so scary and ridiculous.. I have posted some but others there was no real point in posting your comments. Good you are voting.. I don't need to know how you are going to vote and you dont offend me which ever way you vote. Vote Yes!! OR Vote No!! that is up to you and you wont Change my mind.. I Just hope YOU have done your research and looked at both sides of all issues involved. I guess this is what it took to get some negative or rude comments. All well.. Everyone is entitled to their opinion..

 Solar Livestock Water Heaters Mother earth news was where I saw the original plans. I got it in the monthly news letter. I couldn't remember off the top of my head.. I have been discussing it with Kyle and trying to cover all possibilities... Now its just a matter of gathering materials and getting it done..
 I will have to look up the Bubbling Water thing... That sounds interesting...

 Kara's Drawings  She is not selling them yet.. We are working on it.. Thinking of working at a Farmers market next year. If we do we will be selling her pictures framed(maybe), recycled jeans-into-skirts, veggie/herb plants, produce, and other handcrafted items... BUT its still in the works and may try selling somethings online. We may try and see how it would work online first since that wouldn't tie us down to a weekly schedule.. Still nothing set in concrete...
 Okay on with my Monday! I hope everyone has a good one! Cant believe its already November.....

5 comments:

tree ocean said...

I can't stand to see them fight over it so I tie! (oh yeah, mine have horns so that makes it harder) Sometimes if the weather was bad and I didn't want to tie out I would put a bunch of feeders down and that usually worked ok but getting chased by goats while you are pouring grain on their heads isn't fun either! LOL I am sure you have it down pat for you!

oh there was more I was going to say but I spaced. Been that kind of day. Still haven't heard from the doc, thanks for your nice comment. :)

Missouri Gal Nicole said...

I plan to vote no on Prop B. Such a measly amount actually goes to help the animals, the rest goes into the pockets of others.
MO needs a much better written bill to stop the puppy mills! This Prop B is not it!

Brenda said...

You've been busy! We'll be voting No on Prop B tomorrow too.

Nancy @ el vigilante said...

Busy, busy, busy. I know the feeling. I have so much to do and not enough hours in the day, it seems.

Looks like you are getting alot accomplished around your place. I only hope I can get half as much done while the weather remains mild.

Have a wonderful day, Tonia!

Mrs. Mike said...

In the spirit of random updates- I love your changing header picture. You have a great eye!

Happy Election Day!