Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Labels...

 Hillbilly, Redneck, Hick, Country Bumpkin, and any thing else that falls into this category of Labeling... I dont like labeling. I rarely label people myself unless they earn that label good or bad. I try to teach my kids not to do that.. But in the same sense..



 Heck Yah! I'm a Hillbilly!
 Born and raised right here in Missouri 6 generations in the same county on my momma's side of the family 4th on my daddy's on account of some generations moving back to Illinois occasionally.. Even though we have moved into the next county we are less than 20 miles from where my family lived.

Me & my Daddy
long time ago

 I ran barefoot all summer as a kid still like to be barefoot if at all possible. For a little while as a teenager I fought my hillbilly side and tried to suppress it till I had my kids. I was taught family values, making do with what I had and being content with my life. I love the small towns and the country roads. I like being able to see the stars and hear myself think. I like knowing my daughter's friends, parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles. 
 I have even come to terms with the way I talk.. I say what fer? and Ain't Though teachers have corrected me for years. I don't say warsher anymore. I am as stubborn as a Missouri Mule when I am right! No one hopefully leaves my house hungry and I like drop in company as long as you don't judge the way things look at my house!...
 So needless to say I am a hillbilly and Proud of it..
I married a total and complete Redneck... Our kids are Doomed!Lol Nah not really they will most likely be like their Momma and Daddy and be happy in the skin they are in!

 Honestly people can label me all they want too. But The truth is God knows my heart and my family loves me.. Thats all that matters.......


My Great Grandpa and Pawpaw on my Mom's side.

My Mawmaw on my mom's side.
Of course she was married to my Pawpaw.



14 comments:

matty said...

Ye-Haw! I agree agree agree!

Nancy said...

Love, love, love the pictures of your relatives. Reminds me of Coal Miner's Daughter. :)

I wasn't raised a hillbilly, but you wouldn't know it now. I say ain't all the time and probably cuss too much, but I'm 100% comfortable with who I am and that's all that matters. :)

OurCrazyFarm said...

HAHAHA! Hillbillie's here too! Love that picture of your MawMaw:))

Feral Female said...

Love the pictures!

Heck yes, I too will gladly admit I`m a ridgerunner!

the Goodwife said...

We are hillbillies too, and somtimes refer to ourselves as upper class white trash. We are what we are and if you don't like it you can do jump! I still say warsher, iffn', reckon, and ain't among a lot of other hillbilly phrases. My husband says retched.......as in I retched down to pick something up!

It's a good thing to be proud of your roots and where you come from!

Brenda said...

Love the photos! Yep... I'm a hillbilly too and not afraid of who knows it. :D

Carla said...

lol, i wonder if we are related, no not really, I am from an old line of bauerhoff owners from the old country.. but my step dad is from KY.. and i love a Hillbilly's since of survival, and i enjoy learning and gleaning all i can from good folks like you.. I am happy that your my blog friend

Christine said...

I absolutely ADORE that photo of your Mawmaw. Priceless.

Shanster said...

What great family photos!

Kelle said...

Well.... I was NOT raised a redneck but I certainly classify my self as one and proud of it too*wink* My parents on the otherhand are now all prim and proper in their old age and have forgotten all the things they did in their pasts, so look down on us and are; Uh Hmmmm even a bit embarrassed of us and the way we live. Even while others tell them all the time they think our life is wonderful and so interesting*sigh*
Funny until I got online I thought I was a wackjob, radical, nutcase, because that is all we heard, along with why would you want to live in an old farm house in need of such repair and updating, why do you do everything the hard way, why not just buy your veggies and meats, you live like you are poor or something,you want to home school your children, why on earth would you? etc......

Love the pictures, thanks for sharing and I admit I am a bit envious*wink with a tinge of green* Thanks for sharing about yourself I feel right at home on your blog and now I know why, LOL!!!


Blessings,
Kelle

tree ocean said...

My Maws side was generations in West Virginie. I grew up in Warshington! I added R's to everything!! I had a tough time coming to Maine where they take the R's out! (take the cah to bah hahbah). What on earth were they sayin'? LOL

Deanna said...

The hills of Missouri are full of proud, hard working, honest folks like you. It is our heritage. and like you, I'm proud to be the way I am. This was a fun post. Loved the pictures.

I was so disappointed Prop B passed. I thought we had won until the inner cities weighed in. They have no idea what they were voting on. My opinion of course.

Have a great day.

Deanna

tina said...

Well here you are!
I wake up in the muddle of the night and thin...whatever happened to...
and then I remember websites crashing and computers rebeling and now that THATS outta the way, I'm glad I found you again!
Hope all things are good on your end...they look to be!

~Tonia said...

Thanks everyone! I dont look like my Mawmaw but everyone says I act like her! Which I take as a comliment. She died when I was 7 yrs old but I remember a lot about her.
@ Kelle I thought the samething till I got online and found more people like me!LOL
@ Deanna I was seriously disappointed. I doubt many of those City people released what they were even voting on probably just saw the T ads and read the bill and thought okay sounds good.. But there is still hope as there are 3 legislative bills that would weaken Prop B.