Monday, November 15, 2010

Kittens Eating and Goat Escaping?


Nothing much cuter than kittens...


They were hollering for mom!!

So we decided to see if they would eat a little on their own...
They loved it! The little girl now named Nala...
Would only eat off our fingers!
Boys went face first and barely came up for air!

Goat Escaping??
Well She tried.......

And tried.....

And tried a little more...

And a little more..........

Anyone ever tell you all goats are stubborn??
She finally gave up but if I hadn't had the right kind of clip on it
she probably would have liberated all the goat girls!

If I didn't know better I would think these 2 were related!
I know they aren't but their breeding definitely shows..
 Ears hanging to their elbows and Roman Noses...

 Pizza the wether with the broken legs is doing good. The swelling has went way down and he is eating and drinking well.. So far so good.....
 I want everyone to know I am working on another Giveaway.. I hope to post it by this weekend. But I like to have things in hand Before I post it to give it away..
 Believe it or not this has taken me all day to get this far!lol.. I have done a little here and there. I am going to hit post and finish catching up on other blogs then kick back with my book...
 Have a good night everyone!

11 comments:

tina said...

I have Miss Bea who knows very well how to pop open the gates latches and I have to use a bungee cord to hold them down so she doesn't pop them open and terrorize the other goats!
If I don't open her gate when she is ready first thing in the morning (you know, if I get to sleep in a few extra minutes!) she plows her head continually into the stall...one day that barn is simply going to crumble like a stack of cards!!
But we have a friend who wants a goatmower..... ;)

Brenda said...

The kittens are adorable. I had to laugh at the thought of the boys diving into the food and not coming up for air!

Is that Hope trying to get out of the gate? She's pretty smart.

tree ocean said...

One of my youngest goats learned that I was fastening the bottom of a gate with a collar, and as I went by the gate to grain them I would take the collar. So Piper would wait until I was busy with the others, push the bottom of the gate, and help himself to hay while waiting.

So I stuck a piece of baling twine on there, and everyday for three days he would wait until I was busy, chew the twine, and have some hay. I finally put a carabiner on there.

One of my other goats relishes unzipping and zipping my hoodie. He grabs the zipper with his lips. It must buzz him when he zips it. lol

Kittens are so cute. One of my females got with the White, Blue-eyed Tom last week....uh -oh. LOL

The Preacher's Wife said...

Glad to hear Pizza is doing better. Goats are so funny. I think that one might keep working on getting out the gate until something gives. They each have their own quirky personalities.

Nancy said...

Awww! I'm a sucker for kittens. I think two of my female cats are preggers again. Not the greatest timing, but I do love me some kitties, so who cares?

Your goats remind me of some of my chickens. No matter how hard I try to keep them in -- one or two are always out foraging in the morning. Houdinis, I call them. :)

Shanster said...

Gaak! I can't look. Don't you know I have a weakness for kittens...

Missouri Gal Nicole said...

I love kittens!!! But we have 4 cats and I get tired of the fur. The only outside cat is Fat Cat and soon as it gets cold she becomes an inside cat. That goat is persistent!

Nezzy said...

Awwww, the kitties are soooo cute...I want one!

You persistent little goatie looks like her stubbornness just might pay off one of these days.

We had a donkey 'Chalky' who could pick any lock!

God bless ya and have the most incredible week sweetie!!!

The Farmer's Daughter said...

Hi Tonia, thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm always happy to meet new blogging friends, especially those from Missouri. :) I'll sign up to be a follower here, too. Your kittens are adorable! I love furbabies and we have a cat named Stormy that manages to work her way into my posts once in a while. She's a year old now and really spoiled. I don't like the cat hair everywhere and she creates extra work for me, but she's part of the family now and I can't imagine not having her!

Have a great day,
Cheryl

Feral Female said...

Oh my gosh what adorable kittens!! Must.....resist.....urge

Deanna said...

What adorable kittens. Leave it to the boys to be little piggie kitties.

I hope you have good strong fences for those sneaky goats. You are going to need them.

Have a wonderful day. It looks like it could snow any minute here. I haven't seen a forecast - hope they aren't calling for it!