Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

This is what everyone will resemble tomorrow sometime!!!Lol

 I am taking a break from getting everything ready to post.. I started cooking yesterday.. Things like the Chocolate Cherry cake, Pumpkin bread and Zucchini cake.. Today I will get the Dressing ready to be put in the oven tomorrow as soon as the turkey comes out. I have Lazy Peach Pie to make also.. Then this evening I will put the turkey in to brine over night then get up at 6am Thursday to put it in the oven.. Oh and I have the Cranberry sauce in a jar already made up. It's soooo Pretty!lol
 A few things I am thankful for... Of course Always is My Merciful God, My beautiful Family and the life we have been given to live.. I cherish each and every day! I hope I never lose the appreciation I have for life in general. Its far from perfect but in all its imperfection it is worth living every moment.
 I am also Thankful for 16 years of Marriage to my Sweet Redneck! This is us at our wedding reception 16 years ago... Gosh we were babies!! Our anniversary is Friday We will have all weekend to kick back and relax as the girls will be going to Nana and Grampies for the weekend! We cherish our time together and enjoy one anothers company. I am always sadden by couples who don't get to know each other well enough to be best friends.  He is my best friend in this world! He has been and still is a great husband, friend and father to our girls even though he admits girls scare him to death!Lol
 We dated for a year before we got married and it was an eventful year but so worth the life we have together. Its like we knew from the start it was meant to be. Because he was a little younger(2yrs & 9 months to be exact) some people said he would be fun to hang out with till I met the "right" guy...
 We met at church and he played the bass on the platform at the time. I noticed he seemed to be looking in my direction an awful lot But wanted to be sure.. I was sitting on a whole row of girls between the ages of 13-18!lol  I smiled at him and he turned red! It took him another 2 weeks to talk to me.. We haven't quit talking since.. Well At least for the most part there are times I threaten to not talk to him but it never works!  
 We have had ups and downs but we have stuck it out when it got hard. Fights/Arguments are loud and quickly over. Neither of us take marriage lightly. He told me then that he was getting married Once and that was it. He puts up with my crazy ideas, lack of organization and less than normal thinking... I am thankful for his OCD tendencies, resourcefulness and ability to finish what he started.. There is much more to both of us and we seem to compliment each other and bring out the best in each other. 
 Okay so I didn't mean to go on and on..  But I am so Thankful! I hope everyone has a Great Thanksgiving If you are in the U.S. If not have a great weekend!
P.S. Dont forget about the Giveaway It ends Friday night at midnight and I will post the winner sometime Saturday!

20 comments:

the Goodwife said...

I LOVED seeing your wedding photo! I'd love to see more! There truly is nothing like being married to your best friend. My husband says he feels sorry for folks who won't allow themselves to be vulnerable enough to make their wife their best friend!!

The Youngun and I've been baking punkin pies and pecan pies and banana bread all day today. Also that last minute cleaning.

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving as well, and Happy Anniversary!!!

GailinVirginia said...

Well, don't I wish I had a little fur baby to feed and love up on:) he is just too adorable.

I love happy stories...you are truly blessed indeed. Lovely photo...happiness just shining through.

Happy Anniversary Friday...
~Gail

Julze said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Tonia!
Have a wonderful day.

Missouri Gal Nicole said...

Happy Thanksgiving and Anniversary to you guys! Yes, you look like babies in that photo! Sounds like you have a wonderful marriage to be thankful for!

Feral Female said...

Happy thanksgiving and anniversary!

tree ocean said...

Wow that was so sweet it brought tears to my eyes! (ok, I'm a little over-emotional these days) no, seriously, that was sweet. Happy Thanksgiving, blessings and may the light of God shine on you.

TJ said...

Awww... that's such a wonderful post! Thanks so much for sharing your memories (and your family) with us all!

Linda said...

How beautiful! Can I ask how old you two were?

~Tonia said...

We were 17 and 19...Babies...

Brenda said...

How sweet! I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Anniversary! .... just don't end up looking like the kitten in your post at the end of the day! :D

Linda said...

Oh my gosh you two were young!!! You both look a lot younger than that though! It is so nice to see a marriage work out today...

Anke said...

Happy Thanksgiving and happy Anniversary Tonia! Enjoy your time with family and your alone time with your hubby.

Rural Rambler said...

A Very Happy MissouREE Thanksgiving to you and your family Tonia! AND a very Happy Anniversary to you and Kyle on Friday!!

Nancy said...

Lovely post about you and your beloved. Being married to your best friend is the best feeling in the world. I can't imagine it any other way.

Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Anniversary and hugs to you, my friend!

Deanna said...

You do have a lot to be thankful for. It sounds like you have a wonderful marriage. Love the wedding picture. Happy Anniversary and Happy Thanksgiving!

tina said...

I feel like your kitty and I haven't even ate yet!
Have a lovely Thanksgiving and a very happy anniversary Friday!

Carla said...

Happy Anniversary, Ours will be on Sunday, funny how times flies.

Flat Creek Farm said...

Happy Anniversary, and congrats on your win over at my blog :) Hey, I didn't know you were having a giveaway too? Where have I been?! That is a *darling* picture of you two and a very sweet story too! Have a wonderful weekend! -Tammy

Carol............. said...

Love the insight of how you and hubby met. Happy anniversary!

I will not tell my hubby about all the breads and pies you make or he'll trade me in for a new model!!!! LOL

Shanster said...

Happy, happy, happy anniversary!