Sunday, October 10, 2010

What A Week!

We had our local Fall festival yesterday.
Kyle and the Brush Truck for our local Fire Dept.

The girls and their friend got to ride in the parade with
their Uncle Keith in the Big Fire Truck!
Talk about to cool!Lol..
They thought it was great

I have separated the goats into the wethers on one side of the fence
and mommas on the other side..
 Things are much more peaceful.
 The boys were still nursing at 8 months old and not needing it.
They weigh about 80-90lbs and are almost as tall as their mommas.
The mommas seem to enjoy the peace and quiet.
 
 Soooo mistreated...
 They did manage to slip under the fence a few times.
They got quite a "shock" each time.
I added a third strand and no one else has dared.

Cookies we made for the 4H booth at the festival..

 So it has been a Loooong week. 2 kids have been sick... Really sick! They so wanted to go Saturday and I told them they had to be with out fevers. They were but today they are feeling it. 
 In the mean time Kara and I have been trying to keep up with everything. The house, animals and everything else in between... And Shhoooo we are tired!
 Yesterday at the festival was a lot of fun. I got to know some more parents involved with our group here in town. We have our first meeting this Thursday. I got more mums from one of the booths to plant out front of the house. Absolutely beautiful! Now I just need some other colors besides different shades of yellow.
 All sorts of neat stuff on display. I always get all kinds of ideas. There was a neat old fashioned soda booth. They had cream soda, root beer, sarsaparilla, and a few others. They had an awesome set up too. I wish I had gotten a picture to show them.
 I am working on a blog post about Missouri Prop B. I have my political views and I don't press them on anyone. But this one could affect Missouri more than we realize if we let it pass.. I will hopefully post it in the next day or two.

10 comments:

Melanie said...

Those cookies are adorable! Hmm I thought goats would self-wean their babies after several months, I guess not? My kids are 3 months and hardly nurse and mama's udders are very small now. Are they just sneaking it and I'm not noticing? I'm worried now, I dont' have a place to separate them out...

~Tonia said...

On the babies still nursing Some will wean them off. I usually sell them before they get to old but with all the boys this year I decided to wether them and send them to the freezer next year instead. Since they are dairy they keep producing milk and babies think they still need it! Honestly I have never had even the ones I kept go this long before.. So I dont know what is different this time..

the Goodwife said...

Lovely cookies! Glad you had a good time at the festival and hope everybody is on the mend now!

Brenda said...

The festival sounds like it was a lot of fun. I came through town (from the Real Farm Foods ranch) after the festal was over. The town looked like there had been a lot of people there.

I'll bet your does are really glad that you separated the boys to give them a rest!

Have a great week!

tree ocean said...

beautiful cookies! Willow was down with a fever and sore throat-knocked flat. Hope everyone is back to health tomorrow!

Do you still have the visiting buck?

Nancy@el vigilante said...

Wow, you did have a busy weekend. Sounds like you all had a great time.

The cookies look delicious. Love the decorating on them.

~Tonia said...

Yep the buck is still here. Stinky thing!lol I think most of the girls are bred now and he is getting bored. Lol Of course there are 4 locked to where he cant get to them so when they come in heat he goes nuts trying to get through the fence to them. If everyone passes their heat checks in the next 2 weeks he will go back to his home then.

Deanna said...

Hope your girls are feeling better today and no one else gets sick. You had wonderful weather for the fall festival, even if it was a bit warm.

I'm looking forward to your views on Prop B. I haven't looked at the proposal yet.

small farm girl said...

The cookies look great! The momma goats look even better. lol. They look so happy and content. hehehhe

Rural Rambler said...

I am looking forward to your views on Prop B too! Hope the girls are feeling better and I want one of those cookies ;)