Sunday, October 3, 2010

Cake and Pics..

We had cake..

Lots of Cake!

Blowin out the candles!
They can officially be 13 now!

 I tortured everyone with family pics yesterday too...
I am sooo mean!Lol

Our Family pic..
 This is my whole life right here.

The fire that cooked alot of hot dogs last night.
 Kept us sort of warm when it got dark.
Its still going today and may roast more hot dogs tonight!

The benches Kyle built last minute yesterday.
They just need to be painted and sanded now
to match my picnic table that is over 50 years old.
 It was alot of fun last night! Had about 20 kids with most of them being around the 10-14 age. I had a game if they didn't come up with something themselves But being kids they did. Tag is a universal game I think and they played for quite a while after everyone loosened up a bit. So I didn't have to subject them to my game of Egg toss... Or sacrifice the eggs!Lol Everyone seemed to have a good time.
 Bonfires are one of the things I love about this time of year.  I don't mind the cool weather I just dread the weather after this... You know Winter?.. Okay I am just going to ignore the fact that it will be cold enough for turning the heat on soon..
 Anyway today we will be relaxing and finishing clean up from last night which wasn't much really since most of its outside and got picked up last night.. Have a good Sunday everyone!

12 comments:

matty said...

What fun you had! And what a handsome family! Your daughters look like you!

Enjoy the reprieve before, gulp, wi==win====wint===winte====winter....

Hugs,

M

Olivia said...

You are one of my recipients of the "Sunshine Award." You can check out my blog and read more about it!

tree ocean said...

Awww ! Beautiful cakes! I love the jean skirts! You all are so well lined up to see the resemblance and you can see Kyle in the girls too!

Nice firepit!

Lots of birthdays right now-Phoenix went to one yesterday, Willow with her best friend today, and Phoenix's 13 in three days! I'd like to do the calculations..seems they were conceived about Christmas? lol.
40 weeks...well you probably went early with the twins?

~Tonia said...

Thank you!
Tree-The twins were 3 weeks early!lol They were actually due around Oct. 20th. We have more B-days coming up.

Rural Rambler said...

Wonderful family pictures Tonia! Those Birthday cakes look like the ones my Mom used to make, I miss them.

I am loving this beautiful weather but you are so right, we all know what is coming. Can't we just slow it down some?

Brenda said...

I love your family photo.... I think they're all taller than you now! They'll be able to reach the stuff on the top shelves for you :D

The fire pit and benches are really nice.

the Goodwife said...

So glad you had such a nice time! The cakes are lovely and your family is beautiful. Nothing like a happy loving family is there?
I too dread the coming of winter, but I'm going to try to approach is differently this year, with a more open heart and thankfulness. We'll see how long I can make that last! lol

Kelle said...

I've been having troubles with my post disappearing. I posted to this and yet is isn't here, Hmmmm must be in cyberland somewhere.

Lovely pictures, Happy B-day Kayla and Kara! You have a beautiful family and we so enjoy your blog, thank you for sharing!
Blessing for your new week,
Kelle

Deanna said...

Beautiful family.

It sounds like you had a lot of fun. I threatened to turn the heat on last night but then just resorted to another blanket instead.

This is definitely my favorite time of year.

Mrs. Mike said...

A firepit is an amazingly simple crowd pleaser, isn't it?
Enjoy the turning of the seasons.

Jennifer said...

Great looking cakes! Happy birthday to your daughters! I think it is so cool that each got their own cake. I have a twin sister and I don't think my mom ever did that. What a nice family photo!

~Tonia said...

Ahh Jennifer thats to bad. Twins are individuals despite being born together. I grew up with aset of twins and that was the one thng she always said got here because there were 2 of them people expected everything to be the same and they are very different. I always remember her saying she never got her own cake so even if the cakes are little they get their own cake.lol
Mine do share a room but they like that. There room is divid though to each one has her own side to hang her stuff and whatever. Now that they are older they dont dress much alike either. I knew that would only last for a little while anyway.