Sunday, August 22, 2010

Whirlwind Weekend..

We visited with friends Saturday.
 Good food and Good Company!
They traded me a Very Nice milk stand
 for these 2 babies this past spring..
Myrtle and Sally are My Sunshine's girls.
 Its Always so nice to see my goats in good homes.
 These girls have a really good home!

 Thunderstorm came through Friday...
It was crazy and windy..
Lasted 20-30 minutes at the most..
This is my drive way washing down..

This was the state department's idea of fixing the ditch...
 It catches water don't get me wrong.
 But the Culvert is obviously plugged and needs replaced.
There was no way it could keep up with the flow.
It overflowed and washed more gravel out into the highway..
What it was suppose to be fixing...
 Its been a fun weekend! We are winding down our summer though. I think we all feel the time crunch with school just around the corner.. I have a few more things to get organized in the house but that list has gotten very short! WooHooo! Always a good feeling! No working on giving the garage back to Kyle. LOL
 We got most of the feed bags out and other animal stuff. It is now on the back porch till we get the panels to store hay under it will also have the grain up there.. Even though I am kind of thinking about maybe no on that.. Because then we would be toting a lot of feed up the hill at once. Where right now its not a lot at once just what we need for the feeding.. So we will see..
 I thought I had some 16ft cattle panels for $10 a piece on Craigslist. It was just listed Friday I think.. They were already gone.. I could have used them! Ah well maybe next time......
 I am working out which goat I want bred to who here.. But having a hard time trying to figure out where I am going to put them.. Decided I needed a Honeymoon suite!lol  But alas that takes panels and panels cost $$. So I will keep on trying to figure out how this is going to happen.... I was able to get the rest of the step in post for the electric fence for the new pasture. Hoping to get that up in the next week or two... There is so much for them to eat out there!
Before we know it Fall will be here.. I am ready for cooler weather but NOT cold weather!... Take your time winter in getting here... 
 I hope everyone has a great week! 

10 comments:

Brenda said...

It really looks like that storm dumped a lot of water on you! I watched the dark clouds go over, but I think it gave you all the rain before it found it's way to my house. I don't think I got even a sprinkle out of it!

small farm girl said...

Don't you just love how the county "fixes" the roads? hehehe. I'm ready for a weather change too. Bring it on!

goatmilker said...

Hi, Tonia glad to hear all is well. Seems like summer is flying right by. I was just thinking the other day it will be breeding time for goats soon. Wow where has it gone and time for school whew! Have a great day Rebekah.

tree ocean said...

we lug the grain as we need it..but the hay is another issue! I keep moving the pallet location. (I feed 1/2 bale twice a day and buy 7 bales at a time)

I have the same trouble on my road, but I love to walk and look for pretty rocks after a big washout like that, lol

so nice you can visit your babies! lol.

R Dean said...

Tonia, sounds like you guys had a great weekend!!! Do you have luck finding AND obtaining things off Craig's List??? I've never tried it, but should...Love the black and white picture on your blog, excellent photography!!!

Have a great day!!!

~Tonia said...

RDean I have used Craiglist quite a bit for buying and selling. My husband used it to find a lot of parts for his truck and rebuilding the motor. Saved a bunch of $$!
You can find all sorts of things on there. Its one of our atleast weekly places to visit online.

Missouri Gal Nicole said...

I love your photo at the top. And our driveway washed out too Friday night.

Feral Female said...

Gosh looks like you got dumped on!

OurCrazyFarm said...

Your life sounds alot like ours right now~ building fences, trying to stay ahead of the list, getting ready for home school pretty quick plus really, really needing another billy goat pen besides all the rain and the issues that creates. Cute kids!

Deanna said...

Did you hear they are calling for seriously cooler temperatures very soon? I'm with you about winter, though. Not so much in love with it.

The book is wonderful. We just got it last night since we have been gone. Mr. hasn't put it down. He's so greedy! lol.

Thank you so much!