Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Little Of This & That....

Yes a Hillbilly lives here...LOL
 I do have a clothesline on the list. But I couldn't wait any longer..
So I have a temporary now..
Kyle just shook his head..


What Kyle has been thinking, dreaming
and obsessing about for 6-7 months..
Almost to the point of inspecting and making it legal..

Jake and Moses...
They had a rather trying day..Lol
Will tell the story below..

What Jake thought about getting his picture taken...

 Its that time of year....

Ethel was posing today...

 Kate trying to reach the leaves..

Where the goats get to go clean up!...
As soon as we get the fence up...
 So with it being close to fall all the does have been coming in heat.. SO i thought today I would put 2 in with each buck and see what would happen.. Poor boys were traumatized!!Those girls beat the snot out of them!
 I put Jake in with Sasha and Abby since they have the most Lamancha in them. He hollered Sasha chased and Abby laid down in the corner and chewed her cud!
 I put Moses in with my Nubian/Boer crosses Dottie and Ethel. They rubbed all over him and then beat him up.. Till Moses was standing on the far side of the pen trying to pretend they weren't there!
 I kid you not this morning they were hollering and "talking" to the does.. The does were walking along the fence Rubbing on it and trying to get the boys attention! As soon as the boys went back in their pen.
 They raised their hair up all along their back and commenced to peeing on their legs and beards... Stinkers!
 I am going to try again tomorrow with just one doe for each boy. They are young and it may take them awhile to figure things out!lol I am going to have one buck after this year and will just turn Moses out with the does on the first of September and take him out the Middle of October. Its much less stressful that way!
 Tomorrow we are pulling out the tomato and squash plants then cleaning out the goat barn. Don't that sound like fun??? They are coming to work on the electric for the house. It will make it to where Kyle can run electric to the garage and hook up the welder. Then I can get a real clothesline and a free standing hay feeder!!
  The weather has cooled off and it feels great! We have the windows open and there is a nice breeze. 82* is the high tomorrow.  Its not suppose to hit 90* again till next Monday! No rain though and things are really drying out. That's it for tonight.
 

10 comments:

tree ocean said...

lol my clothesline is a salvaged mooring rope (the clothespins barely fit) fence-stapled to trees. haha yep I'm half hillbilly.

nice looking bucky boys! no ears and long ears!

yep, dry here too-well just went dry today. errrggh!

Brenda said...

The boys sure have grown up nice. Jake is looking really good. I'm sure they'll be talking about their first "dating" adventure for a while!

Feral Female said...

My clothesline is a clothesline but recently got ripped down when someone * looks at hubby* ran through it with the tractor. =)

small farm girl said...

Silly boys!

Deanna said...

Those boys will figure things out. Every year when we'd put the Ram on the sheep, it was hilarious to watch him get all worked up and pull his lips back and sniff. The things us country girls talk about!

I personally rather like your clothesline. Am loving this weather!

R Dean said...

We love our clothes dried on the line outside...nice and fresh...

Nancy said...

Love the clothesline! That was the first thing my husband constructed for me when we moved to our farm. I am a sheltered soul --I love hanging out clothes. So calming for me. Better and cheaper than therapy!

Nezzy said...

Sometimes a hillbilly chick just has to do what she has to do. Love the close-line!!!

I know, hasn't the weather been marvelous this week. My pool has stopped boilin' and I can actually enjoy my laps.

God bless ya and have a fantastic Friday!!!

Mrs. Mike said...

Clotheslines? Goats? I'm glad you're not wed to Bill Grogan... or own his goat... or live by the railroad tracks...

Enjoy a hillbilly week-end in your little Missouri holler!

Texan said...

i am so laughing about your boys reaction to the girls lol... they will figure it out pretty quick i am sure!