Monday, August 2, 2010

Let Sleeping Goats Lie......


I was out watering tonight 
and this is what I saw in the goat pen...


 I even opened the gate
 and Only Sunshine got up to see me...
This is Crash.

This is Eddie....

 Dottie and April were using
Dottie's boy Clyde for a pillow....
 Talk about smothering...


 I was trying to get everything watered tonight. Its so hot it all started wilting today.  So I ran the sprinkle for a while after dark.  I have one more flower bed to water first thing in the morning.  Its hot. The temps are  96-100* with heat indexes of 105-110*.... We had to put a fan on the rabbits today and we are watering the animals 2-3 times a day. The goats and chicken water is in the shade all day so it doesn't get hot to fast. But they were still showing signs of being hot. The rabbits got their water bottle switched 2 times today plus the fan for the Rabbit Ladies. The boys were okay they are closer to the ground and have more shade.  They also get ice in their water bowls.
 Chickens are still ticked about the move but laid eggs today.. All of 8...  I don't think the young ones have started yet. Or if they did I just messed things up.. I got the hinges put on the door now I just need a latch.
  I am working on organizing my desk a little better and thanking God for AC!!.. It was piled high and really stressing me.. It was also on my list. I was almost done and then for some reason people and animals around here got hungry!lol But it always amazes me how things pile up! I do not intend for it to do that but it does..  I think I have an issue that its got to be a big mess to get cleaned and then gives me a serious satisfaction that I got such a big job done!Lol  Or I am just a Serious Procrastinator.... I think its procrastination...  I am horrible about it..
 Well I got to get off of here.. Getting up extra early tomorrow to beat the heat..  I hope everyone who is in this heat is careful. Don't over do it and be safe!

9 comments:

tree ocean said...

oh they look so fat and shiny! I am a great procrastinator too-I say I work best under pressure but summer's coming to a close and I have done NOTHING on my list!

Feral Female said...

Our goats and steers sleep outside as well when it gets really hot.

Don`t overdue now in this heat!

matty said...

I love the community that goats create, don't you?? They are so funny!

We have been suffering with heat, too. These last few days have been cooler, thank the Lord! Stay hydrated and cool!

Sandy@American Way Farm said...

They look so peaceful and innocent. If a goat isn't into something it must be sleeping! And that heat sounds horrible. That's why I live in northern NH. We had an uncomfortable spell around the 4th weekend but since then it only gets into the 80s and you actually need a light jacket at night. Of course, winter is another story..... :/

Rural Rambler said...

I am a procrastinator. A terrible one. That pile of goats zonked out is very cute but I am wishing and hoping for this heatwave to break. I know it is hard on all the animals and the people that have to take care of them. Suppose to drop to 90 Thursday, not much but I'll take it. Take care Tonia, I am ready for some cooler days.

Deanna said...

This heat really is dangerous for our farm animals. The last sheep is being butchered tomorrow (thankfully) and we won't have any more until the Spring. I hope you are being careful, doing a little bit at a time.

R Dean said...

Awww....They look so peaceful! R Dean

ga.farmwoman said...

They all look so content. I know this heat is rough on all the folks and critters though. And the plants.
I spend a lot of time watering things around here too.

I agree, I am so thankful for the AC. I wondered how I grew up without it!

Have a great day.
Pam

Linda said...

The goats look really great!