Thursday, July 8, 2010

Where To Start.......

Headed to the fair...
You can see Mariah's head towards the front. She laid down
and had her head hanging out watching everything going by.

 Pixy and Kate Settling in..

Sasha Hiding under the hay...

Pixy and Candice getting ready.


Kara and Kate doing lost minute primping with
Grampie helping..

Kyla looking the other way while
Hope snags a snack out of the grain bucket!

Last minute pose....

Headed in to the ring...

Show time.... Well one of the times..


 Hope smelllin' something funny....


Moses kicking back and relaxin...
Winning is tough ya know?..
We didn't tell him he didn't have competition yet..
Maybe next year.....

The highlight of their day..
Townsend Girls winning Goat Herdsman!

 Chicken testing..

 Poor chickens..

 Rabbit show.. Several rabbits this year..

One of Kara's Drawings..
It was my great grandpas tractor.
She is giving this one to her Grampie
for his birthday tomorrow..
 Her 2 drawings entered in under the 4H
 are going to state fair in August.
 Our surprise for the week...
One little kitten...
 So that's our fair update.. I will have to get pictures of my tomato plants as they are growing like crazy! I was late getting some of them started but they have really taken off. I also have cucumber growing in hanging pots. It maybe another month before I get any but they are growing fast.
 I think I have officially decided to go down to one buck too.. Instead of 2 bucks.. So I will be finding Jake and Bruce a new home here in the next few months. I am going to keep Calico Jack as Moses' Companion.
I am working on rearranging the chickens because the goats wont stay out of their pen and it needs to be bigger anyways. Then we brought home another rabbit from the fair. He is a Holland Lop buck. Kara's rabbit "herd" is now complete.. We need one more cage to get everyone housed properly...But there was only one available today and their wont be a truck come in till next week.. So I will have to wait.. Of course if I was really good I would buy the wire and build one... Hahaa...
  That's it for tonight.. I am going cross-eyed trying to catch up on everything I have missed.. I will try to get around to all the blogs I have missed reading too. Good night Everyone!

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Welcome back, Tonia! The photos of the fair are awesome. The girls and animals did great... Oh and the drawings too!

Barbara said...

Hello Tonia, Tell the girls Congratulations! Great job on the photo of the tractor. Love the pic of the one kitten.

Feral Female said...

Welcome back! Nothing like the fair is there?

matty said...

So happy to see you back! I have missed the doings in your "Simple LIfe"!

Everyone looks happy and relaxed in spite of the heat! Lovely goats and children!

Hugs!

M

Anke said...

I'm glad you're back, I missed all your goat stories... Congratulations to your girls, they did a great job!

hillybilly annie said...

love the pictures of the fair and the wee little kitten and wlecome back