Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Some of the Reasons I Homeschool...

Bucking The System 
 A fellow blogger posted this on her blog today and its great!
Barbara over at 3 Acre Homestead is who posted it. So go check it out..
 For those of you who are involved  in public school I am not a Public school basher by any means. I do understand there are differences in people and not all are made to be homeschoolers. But it took some serious stuff to make us realize we were destined to be a homeschooling family.
 And we LOVE it!
 So go read that link!

5 comments:

Amy McPherson Sirk said...

Great article! We homeschooled for two years and the effect on my daughter was amazing. But getting by on my own is not easy since my husband succumbed to mental illness. I had to give up homeschooling so I could earn a living for us. Lots of pats on the back for all you devoted homeschooling moms out there. Keep up the good work.

Deanna said...

Thanks for the share. What an inspiring young lady. So insightful.

My son had difficult learning the traditional way until a high school science class where they allowed kids to experience rather than read and take tests. I couldn't get over the change in him as he talked about what he learned. In retrospect I wish I had been able to home school.

Kudos to you!

Deanna

Carol............. said...

Excellent speech! Thanks for the link.

Goodwife said...

Thanks for the link Tonia, what a powerful and oh so true speech!

Sandy@American Way Farm said...

Yup. That's why I homeschooled my kids. And I'm not teacher bashing either. They do the best they can within the system. It's the system that needs change.