Monday, July 26, 2010

Blogging Blahs......

We took the house dogs with us on a ride...
 Belle hides in some one's lap...
Tink would rather ride like this going as fast as possible! 

Kara's Drawing that is going to State Fair..
 Its a colored pencil drawing..


 Some of my small Zinnias..
 Next year I will have more dirt where I want to plant them..
So that means more flowers..

They are so bright!
I have red ones too.
But my purple zinnias didn't come up...
Maybe next year....
 I have sat down several times in the last few days to blog and nothing... I have ideas floating around but nothing would come together..
 Anyway... We have been working on getting the yard mowed between the rain and the heat its slow going..
 To bad I don't have all those walk behind tractors and implements that you can make hay with.. Saw them at a farm show a couple of years ago and thought HOW COOL! lol.. It made little round bales and would be good for someone with a small place like us.. Of course they are very expensive..
This weekend we will be tearing down the chicken house and moving it..  Yeah! The girls and I have to get started cutting the zip ties and wires holding it together right now...  Then get all the feeders and such out.  When we put it back up it will be bigger and hopefully more room for all 33 chickens.. I am going to fence in part of it too for a yard. Once they get use to it and roosting in there I will let them back out to free range.   Right now I am getting eggs in the garage, the barn, the boys pen and in with the momma cat & kitten.... Yes a chicken climbed in beside the kitten and laid an egg!lol It was quite the eye catcher to walk by and see an egg next to the kitten!
  Also while they are locked up I will be giving them their natural dewormer which is Carrots, Garlic, flax seed and Cayenne pepper all ground up together. They eat it up too.  Chickens are not finicky like goats!Lol
 We have a little over a month before we start back to school too. We have to get the other Pc set up and going for their new school work.. Doing things a little different this year. Change is good when the old way isn't working well anymore!
 Well its off to bed for me... Trying to get into a better routine!lol Me....Routine... Those 2 things just don't mix often! Good Night!

12 comments:

small farm girl said...

Great horse picture! We have to pen our chickens up now too. We are having egg hunts almost every day. Getting 3 eggs in the nest and having 36 hens just don't work. lol

Feral Female said...

Great pictures. We just got our lawn mowed last night due to all the rain we`ve had over the past week or two.It needed it badly!! =)

Rural Rambler said...

Tonia I know what you mean about the blogging blahs. I have had the bloggin' blahs for months. Maybe it's the weather. I sure hope the weather improves for the Fair.

matty said...

Sounds like another great day; while you said you couldn't blog, implying nothing was interesting, it is! Life is interesting! :) And, as the old man said to me one time: "Life is Good if you don't weaken!" LOL

OurCrazyFarm said...

Great drawing! What an inspiration to gear up again for more fair entries. We are lucky and have 2 fairs we can enter in our little county.

One year our boys went behind and raked up the lawn clippings and baled their own bales of hay just for "fun"~ got any young boys around?!? Of course they cost nearly as much to feed as those walk behind tractors would cost:))

Deanna said...

Change is good. Loved the horse picture. This weather is just conducive to the blahs in every way. I haven't been out today, but yesterday the heat and humidity just took my breath away. Then last nigt it cooled down enough to sit on the porch. I'll be heading out shortly - who knows what will hit me in the face!

~Tonia said...

No boys here... Except for Daddy!lol Its an all girl operation for the most part... I agree those boys can pack away the food!lol

Shanster said...

Pretty flowers and silly chickens! Good luck with the routine.. I struggle with that myself!

Mary said...

It seems summer is a difficult time to blog, both for the reader and the writer. There is so much more to do (outdoors).

One of my favorite garden flowers are zinnias! I love to plant the shorter ones, and then plant the really tall ones (3 1/2 feet tall) against the old garage.

Hope everything is good with you!

Brenda said...

The flowers are beautiful. My Grandmother Dollie used to grow these in her flower garden beside her house. Good memories!

I hope Kara's horse drawing does well at the State Fair. It is really good. I'm anxious to hear how she does.

tree ocean said...

Great drawing! Is that dog looking out the sunroof? LOL!

Love Zinnias can't grow them. I get one flower before frost if the cutworms didn't get them first...can't grow carrots here, either.

~Tonia said...

Yep she is hanging out the sunroof! My oldest was holding her up there and she did NOT want down!