Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Moses Got A Hair Cut!



 I didn't take off much just that feathery hair on the back of his legs and slicked the hair on his tail. But surprise surprise under the tan leg feathering was black with white spots.He gets more colorful all the time. He is acting wonderful when its time to work on the showing. Candice has him following her every where. We have decided to only take 5 goats to this show this weekend. We were going to try and show April but she was stressing just by leaving the pen. So we decided against showing her. Then Jake is still struggling with Copper issues so he is not going either.

Pixy got her trim too. But was to busy with grain when I was taking pics. Here she is using mom to get a leg up into the trees. I didn't get to Kate,Hope or Sasha but they don't need much at all to get them ready. Just a little more trimming on the hooves and I am not sure I will have to trim off any hair as they are slick and shiny looking. We also have chickens to bath tomorrow... Hmm Don't That sound like fun!

 Here is Sasha getting to the trees! She is a show off! They have all expertly trimmed all the trees that hang into the pasture. Today Abby one of the smaller goats was picking on April the biggest goat! I don't know what the deal is... Death wish?? Little goat syndrome?? I finally had to separate Abby because she was irritating April so bad. Biting and picking at her.. Stinker..
 Good night everyone!

10 comments:

Brenda said...

Sasha has great balance! Those leaves must be really good!

Moses looks great. I hope he does really well at the fair. I hope they all do really good!

small farm girl said...

Love the goat pictures! lol. You have GOT to take pictures of you washing the chickens. I don't think I have ever seen that before. And, I've had chickens my whole life. I guess there is a first time for everything.

Feral Female said...

Was the haircut for fair? Our ladies hate being clipped for showing! We can only bring does and wether`s to our fair, breeding bucks are not allowed, which is a shame since I`d love to take our two fellows.

tree ocean said...

Moses is looking nice and bucky! But it scares me to see his head through that panel!!!But my goats have horns and you know how that goes!

Bathing chickens...ewwww lol

mmmm wet chicken..hahaha

have a great time at the show!

tree ocean said...

oh yeah, the page loaded fine! I like the title pic too!

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Your goats are so cute. Thanks for the great advice on the almonds. I usually have them on hand at work; so I'll start snacking on them regularly now.

matty said...

I love to watch the goats reach for the seemingly impossible, don't you? They are so pretty! Good luck! Have a great show!

tina said...

He's a handsome lil buck!!
I am always amazed at the balancing act that my fattest goat does to reach the tree branches...like a gi-raf!!

Lanora said...

Really enjoy the posts on goats, I just acquire 2 pygmy boys and have enjoyed watching there antics. Follow me at my blog: FatBottomFarmTX.blogspot.com

Peggy said...

Oh how your photos made me miss my nubians! Ms. Diva and the girls always kept me entertained. Good luck at the show.