Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Jr. Fair..

First we had to get ready...
The chickens had to have baths..
This little hen actually liked it some..

 Since it was so warm we were letting them air dry..
Little roo was ticked!


Moses got to ride in the van..
He is figuring out Goat girls smell good ...
I wanted no accidental breedings.
Of course he didn't mind the extra attention obviously!

Moses checking out his OWN Hay pile!



The girls settling in..

Light Brahma hen. She barely fit.

The Japanese bantams...


Letting them check things out...

Sasha was very suspicious!Lol

She finally relaxed....
Really relaxed!LOL
She was almost snoring and drooling!

She did clear this fence once.
When some boys revved up their truck next to the pen..
Stinkin Boys!lol

Friday Nights Entertainment!
They use to do story telling at Silver Dollar City
in Branson.... 


We all enjoyed their music and stories!
 Was sorry to see them end it!
 They entertained the kids well
and I even saw some of the older kids listening..

One team of the draft horses..
Most of my pics were really blurry.
But these Babies were HUGE!

Beautiful and powerful looking though!

Saturday Morning Waiting.....

Kara & Kate/Kyla & Hope

Candice & Moses


After the show..
Kate had been separate from Hope so she wouldn't nurse..
They were soo happy to be back together.

 It was a lot of fun! We have another show in 2 weeks. That is the one the girls will be entering drawings and photos in. We would like to add one or 2 more livestock shows but not looking to do anything extensive.  Mom would have a nervous break down!Lol  We also don't want to go far from home anyway..
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! Especially to my Daddy and My Husband!! They are both very special! 
Have a good afternoon everyone!



14 comments:

Gail said...

Looks like every one had a good time.

I agree those horses are huge.

matty said...

Wonderful pictures! Everyone looks fantastic and I love the goats! The new heading picture is fantastic, too!

Our new doe was stepped on by the cow. I think she has a small fracture, but she seems to be healing. We are just letting it take care of itself as long as she is settled down and eating. Any advice??

Deanna said...

What awesome fun. Did Little roo stink after the bath. I always think of wet feathers as stinky!

I think I remember those two from SDC. Jim and I both thought so.

~Tonia said...

The chickens do stink when they are wet!! Its not very pleasant!lol

tree ocean said...

looks like a great time was had by all! esp Moses! LOL

Sheryl at Providence Acres Farm said...

Your goats are beautiful, well kept and healthy! I enjoyed looking at the pictures! Looks like a fun weekend!

Missouri Gal Nicole said...

Love the fair photos! Which fair is coming up? I love checking out the live stock at the fairs!

small farm girl said...

I think those pictures of chickens getting a bath is sooo funny!!! Don't ask me why, but it just tickles my funny bone. lol

Christine said...

LOL, just look at the expression on Little Roo's face. Ticked is right.

Brenda said...

Great Photos! Sure looks like fun!

Feral Female said...

Looks like a fun time for all!

goatpod2 said...

Nice pictures!

~*~Amy~*~

Galloping Goats Farm said...

It looks like a great time!

Rural Rambler said...

Tonia it looks like you all had a great time at the Fair. The shot of Moses riding in the van trying to steal crackers is toooo funny! I think I have the dates for the Fair that your daughters are entering their art work. Might just be a fun day trip!