Monday, May 3, 2010

Sunburned, Sore and Content....

 Its been a productive day...
 In the middle of this pond is a Muskrat.
He is floating and you can barely see him.
We have been watching him since Saturday.
He gets out in the middle of the pond and floats around.
 One more thing to watch from the porch...

The Slave Driver!!!....
I was able to mow the whole yard in ONE DAY!!
Of course Kyle messing with it and getting it to run better
did wonders for it! I am sore but not as bad as last time.

 My oregano is planted along with Sage, and Basil.
 I also put the Cilantro and Parsley in pots.
I hope they do okay that got a little spindly looking.

 My thornless blackberry.
They said if I left it alone when the canes dip down
 to the ground they will make new bushes. I just bought one...
But tempted to go buy another one... or two....

These are my Raspberries...
 They will have the whole big square to themselves.
They were also $5 and already have little ones coming up..
They said they will be very aggressive and grow like crazy.
 I said that is just fine with me I can feed them to the goats!

See the babies down next to the bottom?

 I was outside most of the day today. It was great! I am sunburned a little but not bad. A little sore from mowing but again not bad.. I was having issues with my hands and from all symptoms it is Carpal Tunnel but I have had problems for years. This year just seemed worse.. I was waking up several times a night with my hands hurting and numb. So I looked it up in my books.. One said extra Vit B-6 I took it for a little bit But I am very bad about taking pills especially something everyday.. It helped some..  So then I looked in my Aromatherapy book... Ahh I found something!! It had Carpal Tunnel Syndrome listed and Oregano Oil was the only oil that said it helped... 2-3 drops in a carrier oil massaged into the wrist and hands..
  Okay now Oregano oil can burn like crazy!! Its good for a lot of things if you can stand the burn. Tea tree oil has nothing on Oregano.. Anyway... So I put some in my lotion along with Sage oil for the swelling and rubbed it into my hands and wrists. It was 3 am before I woke up the first night with the numbness and 4am the next one... This morning it was 7 am before I woke up with any problems! I have been able to sleep much better. I had been waking up every 2 hours or so because my hands were so numb they hurt it sent pain all down my thumb. Anyway I thought it was great that it was just a few drops of oil that helped.. Of course I now smell like Pizza according to my husband! Haha
Thats it for tonight.... I will see about posting a cheese receipe this week sometime. Good night!

10 comments:

Brenda said...

That's very interesting about the oregano oil and sage oil. Is this something I can get at the health food store or have to order it online? I'd like to try it on my hands since I have the same problem.

I agree! It was a beautiful day to be outside. Your new plants look great.

matty said...

What a wonderful day! After I finish this last set of essays, I am going to be free until fall. Can you just see me crawling to the house tomorrow after I plant potatoes?? LOL

Your plants look fantastic! You will see the berries spread like wild fire. What a wonderful thing to look forward to! Do you have strawberries? Will they grow there??

tree ocean said...

oh I have carpal tunnel too I will have to try the oil and vitamins, which I suspected it was a deficiency . bracing the wrists at night makes a big difference with an ace bandage or more expensive wrist support. Or maybe brace them when you mow the lawn since vibrations really can aggravate it, ie hammering or even typing..

Gail said...

It is wonderful to find natural remedies.

Your soil looks so rich, I am sure you will have no trouble growing all these wonderful plants.

Anke said...

Did you make the oregano and sage oil or did you buy it? I have carpal tunnel as well and wear a brace during bad nights. It helps, but I'm always on the lookout for natural remedies.

goatpod2 said...

Nice pictures Tonia!

Amy

~Tonia said...

I bought the oils. I used the essential oils and it just takes a few drops.

Deanna said...

I've used Tea Tree oil, but never oregano. I might have to check into that for my arthritis.

It does feel good to spend the day working outside, doesn't it. All of your plants look amazing.

Mary said...

Tonia, I found your blog by chance and planned to stop by and just say hello. I was lured by your prior posts and stayed much longer than I planned. I really enjoy what you are doing here. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

jelani said...

very good information in your post