Monday, May 10, 2010

Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head.....

 This song was stuck in my head all through chores this morning! This is the view from my front porch..
 I stayed the 5 secs it took to snap pics and ran back inside! Its COLD out there!

Across the valley out in front of the house..
Just looks chilly....
 I am giving up.... On Silkie chickens... I have decided I have wasted to much money on them. My one White Silkie hen has disappeared. Out of the chicken pen that was locked up since the night before last. Its made from cattle panels covered in 1 inch chicken wire with a billboard tarp over the top. No feathers anywhere. No signs of being pulled at through the wire not that it would have fit since they are about 3 months old now. Its just gone. I have a Black rooster and the other black chick that I think is a hen.. I will not buy anymore till I get a VERY secure pen off the ground that is a chicken Fort Knox...
 Oh and one of the banties I think committed Chicken Suicide.... I found it floating in the pan of flopped yogurt this morning... Of course it was a little hen...
 One thing on the Honey-Do list was accomplished.. The Upstairs Bathroom door now opens willingly! My girls no longer have the fear of being locked in the bathroom! Haha We have also been doing spring cleaning.Yes I realize its May but between kidding and getting in the swing of milking again everyday we hadnt gotten to it yet! Anyway if it has no use or hasn't been used or wore lately and its not winter stuff its Going!! I am determined to get some things organized.. Even though Kyle laughed when I said I wanted to get organized... He just patted me and said Sure Honey YOU get organized!! I think he was being slightly Sarcastic..... Or maybe he was using Reverse Psychology on me... Since I tend to get distracted and leave things half done.  He also knows I am stubborn and have the "I'll show him" attitude occasionally...... Occasionally!
 We are making homemade ice cream tonight. I had to add Chocolate Mayo cake and coffee...
 Its suppose to rain and storm. I hope it doesnt get to crazy. Have a good evening everyone!!

8 comments:

matty said...

I will be there in five minutes for ice cream! Yummmmers!

So sorry about the chickies. It is so sad, isn't it? Work so hard and then things happen --- usually beyond our control!

Hang in there!

tree ocean said...

Strange about the missing silky, too bad! :(

We have been at 44F for two days brrr! and chance of frost tonight! where did our 70's go?!?

small farm girl said...

Too bad about your silkie. Could it have been an owl that took it? We had an owl wipe out all of our chickens once. One at a time. No feathers or anything. I just woke up one night and seen it outside with the chicken.

P.S. I think you can get organized. lol

tina said...

Sorry about the chickens. I lost my last batch due to a sneaky raccoon...maybe that's why I haven't jumped at the chance to get new ones...I just hate the disappearing act...and then ultimately one night of chickens screaming and feathers everywhere...running outside at night even with a gun and good flashlight isn't my idea of a good time!
You have global warming at your house too, I see ;)
Everytime I try to get organised, I can't find the thing I am looking for...I gave up...my ducks are in a row, the row just goes a little "thats way"!

~Tonia said...

The Ice cream was thebest we have made so far!!
On the Chicken disappearing there is no way an owl could get in. Its covered top to bottom. Hobo was loose last night and not in her usual spot by the chicken pen either. But usually a Raccoon will do more damage. So I am not sure what happened...
Thanks for the confidence that I can get organized!LOL
I have the same problem when I get organized I cant find as much as I need too!Haha

Lamb Chop said...

Sorry about your chickens... 8-(

Your view looks alot like my view... I wonder if we are nearish each other...?

We are about an hour and a half (give or take) from STL. 8-)

Feral Female said...

Love the new header!

Yes, bantams tend to turn up missing more often than other larger breeds sadly. I`ve lost my share to hawks, which if I had full sized chickens, the red tails couldn`t have carried off.

Rural Rambler said...

Tonia love your front porch view and the hanging basket! Sorry about the chickens :( Your header is so sweet and summery!!!!! I mean you know that is one great picture!!