Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Little More Done....


Ohh the hardships of life.......

 Invasion of Privacy!!
Hello There is a Chicken in my house!

Ahh yes redecorating...
Why cant that lady leave things Alone??
 Doesn't she know it freaks us out??

New roosting spot...

 One of the little chicks... A roo...

And a little hen.. Or technically a pullet..

Things are so calm when babies are not there...
Pixy and Katy get to stay being the only girls..

Poor mistreated boys.......

 Moses complaining about the LACK of bottle tonight!
 He looks short from this angle but he is not.

 The night patrol....

  Today was another Beautiful day! We rearranged in the chicken pen and I made a new roost. Chickens were a little ungrateful. One was in Hobo's house tonight and one on top of her house.. One was roosted on the log next to her house. I go in the house and several were piled Under the nest boxes!I started putting them out on the roost some stayed some didn't. I switched back to milk crates for nest box since the panel was to high and they were breaking eggs getting in it. They seem to prefer the crates as I had more eggs in them today... Except for the 4 we found in the goats hay rack.... And the one in the grass...
 Then we moved the buck pen.  Moses, Jake and Bruce got to run around and munch on grass while we were working on it. I added another panel so its 4 panels now. I want to add 2 more and then the fence post I need to make it sturdy enough for older bucks. Right now we put all the boys in with them to separate the babies at night. Except for Pixy and Katy. They stay with mom or they get a little pen in the corner of the barn. The boys just wouldn't leave them alone.
 I have to get my strawberries planted tomorrow. That's the only outside project for tomorrow. I want to plant more stuff but I don't want to get overwhelmed. I tend to do that. I get in the planting mood and then I have way more than I can take care of at once. I still have squash, zucchini and tomatoes to plant. I am thinking of planting some green beans in the bed with my roses... I have the room.. I am working at a little at time in beds instead of one huge garden... I think that will work better for me.
 The girls have been real good about helping with all of this.. Some of it they like and some of it I know they are thinking "I have had enough of Mom's projects today!"
One more thing and then I am done... I want to say Hi to all my new followers on here in the last couple of weeks! I have went over 100! Wow... Thank you for stopping by and all the nice comments...
Ya'll Come Back Now!

9 comments:

Spring Lake Farm said...

Tonia - You have been one busy girl! I get tired just reading about it. Keep up the good work.

Sandy

tree ocean said...

LOL the bosses hired a professional carpenter to build a nesting station-it's like a chicken castle to me, lol...for the three hens they adopted and of course one lays in there occasionally but the other two prefer the hay mangers...(and I have to wonder how much they dished out for that condo ...heheh)

thanks I am feeling better but still lingering cough and sinus stuff...:(

wow 100+ well your blog is great!

small farm girl said...

It looks like the girls are more relaxed. lol

matty said...

What a wonderful day! Everyone looks peaceable in your kingdom. I wish you were my neighbor; we could help each other! We are waiting for Lacie's kids this week. She is bagging and getting so huge that I wonder how she gets up and down!

Feral Female said...

You have some lovely chickens!

tina said...

oh yes...all the garden things....I still have veggies to plant!
Goats...ah, they like the grass on the other side of the fence around here lately ;)
Fence repair, gardening, swatting mosquitos...and I still don't have any chickens yet!

Carol............. said...

Spring always bring out the "rearranging syndrome" in most people...I know it does me.

All looks well with your critters.

goatpod2 said...

Enjoyed the pictures!

Amy

Katy~The Country Blossom said...

hehe...I was blog-browsing and came upon your blog! I thought it was so funny to see my name in your post ~ Katy! :) Most people spell it Katie...so when I see the Y at the end, it catches my eye!!!