Thursday, May 20, 2010

It's A Great Day To Be Alive.....

  Ravi went to a new home as a pet....

Along with Ethel's Boy who we called Bull..


This mud was mild to what we have NOW.....
I think we got around 3 inches of rain last night...
Can you say saturated??


Poor Hobo.... Forcing her to bath!Lol

She did not appreciate it!

The storm we watched moving in...

All 5 of us sitting on the front porch talking....

Talking about our day watching the clouds...

 We had company today!! Fellow homeschoolers who like goats! Yeah!! lol We made ice cream and had snacks. Also got to visit with another friend and her daughter..  The kids were outside with the goats or the swing most of the time despite the mud. It was alot of fun. The girls are now planning a sleepover! Which involves daddy setting up the tent and making a water slide.........
 Its been a busy couple of days but I have gotten several things organized and my girls actually Really cleaned their rooms!!  It was great! I thought about taking pictures too!haha
 Kyle isn't back to work yet but things have been working out just fine so far. God has provided what we have need of. The rain sort of throws a kink in construction work. Its been raining a lot! Our mud is so deep between the goat barn the gate and the chicken house it a struggle to walk through.. You never know when you are going to hit a slick spot either.. I have a feeling before it dries up I am going to find myself at the very least falling into it I just hope its not Face first.. That Would NOT be fun....
 I have made Chevre a few times this week and its turning out basically the same every time! Yeah!! I still don't think I got the yogurt quite right.. I think I need more culture.. So going to try that one again..
 Okay I am getting tired and my eyes are drooping! Good night everyone.

9 comments:

Sheryl at Providence Acres Farm said...

That mud does not sound like fun. I will trade you some dry days for a little rain. We are having to hand water the crops now and for at least the coming week.

Hobo is so cute!

tree ocean said...

Cute little bucks always glad to hear when they go to pet homes!!

Great cloud pix! we did get rain all day wed, which we really needed, but let me tell you the barns at work yesterday were a total disaster!!!lol all those goats hiding from the rain doing their own rain on the bedding!

I hope you dry up a little bit- too much rain is worse than not enough, isn't it?

Feral Female said...

Poor Hobo looked SO sad! Those were lovely shots of the clouds!

Deanna said...

Thunder rolled through here about 10:00 last night. The rain has nowhere t go! Thankfully they are calling for sunshine and high temperatures for the weekend.

Your goats are so stinkin' cute.

Deanna

Mrs. Bee said...

What is up with the weather???
It is 50 degrees here and blowing in a storm, more rain tonight...I usually stop burning wood at Mother's Day, but I think I am going to MAYBE get to stop on Father's Day???
Makes me wonder...what IS the LORD up to?!
Sounds like the girls had fun....my kids always liked to be out in the winter and spring months than the summer...did I ever tell you they were weird?
They are.
Got it from their Mumn ;)
Have a lovely weekend...of to round up the goats back into their pasture!

Shanster said...

Hobo is the CUTEST pupper dog! Even if she does look disgruntled 'bout her bath...

Missouri Gal Nicole said...

That poor little puppy did not look happy. HA HA! Great cloud pics.
I heard Sedalia had a tornado touch down last night. Scary!

small farm girl said...

We love sitting on our porch watching the storms come in. It's one of our favorite past times. lol. The goats are looking good. But, they always do. lol.

Rural Rambler said...

Good Morning Tonia! We got us some crazy weather here in the ShoMe state! Hobo is darling and those storm cloud shots are beautiful.