Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy Barefoot Day!

 May 1st is Barefoot Day!
The ground is now warm enough to go barefoot.. Nothing like the feeling of green grass under your feet!.... Or dirt... Or mud.... LOL
  I don't know if this is something other families do but my mom learned it from her mom.. My girls cant wait for it! Now the next big day is Memorial Day weekend when we can go swimming!! Until then wading only! The water is way to cold right now. But usually by then it has warmed up enough.
 We had a good day today. We went to the festival in town and I got a Thornless Blackberry and some other flowers and herbs. Then My In-Laws came over and some of us went to Rosewood Farms and they had More plants Cheaper than Walmart and Lowes. They are really nice plants too. I got some Red Raspberry, Strawberries and Lemon Thyme.. I plan on getting a few more things from there. I have lots of things to get planted! All my seeds I started are doing good too. The Cilantro smells Wonderful and I cant wait to make cheese and put some in it.. That would make some Excellent tacos, burritos or enchiladas!!...
  Can you all believe I have no picture??? I tried finding a pic of my girls barefoot but couldn't right away!.. Unbelievable! As often as they lose shoes when outside and I had no pics...  Good Night everyone!

10 comments:

Gail said...

Bare foot is my condition by choice, any time of the year. I do get into some fixes though because I think I can go barefoot exactly where I go in boots.

Brenda said...

Barefoot day! What a wonderful family tradition. The plants sound wonderful. You'll have lots of berries before you know it. Yumm!

Feral Female said...

What a grand idea!

small farm girl said...

We had a barefoot day too! You could go barefoot when there were no "R"s in the month's name. May has no "R"s. YEA!!!!! Sometimes the big stores don't always have the lowest prices. We have a greenhouse where we get all of our plants. VERY cheap compared to China-Mart and Slowes. lol. Oh please don't forget to include cheese recipes. You have another goat person her now. lol

tree ocean said...

I should pick up those traditional dates since my kids were bugging to go swimming yesterday. Up here in Maine!! No way was I going to watch them turn blue while I sat there feeding the black flies...

Sheryl at Providence Acres Farm said...

Barefoot is wonderful! I love gardening in bare feet!

goatpod2 said...

LOL, can't really walk barefoot where I live though since it's mostly cement and gravel and who knows what we'll step in though!

Amy

Calfkeeper said...

Cheese recipes would be good. Even though I's have to do cow milk instead.

I put in some raspberries last year. I wish I had room for lots more.

Deanna said...

My grandkids think it is barefoot day everyday, especially my youngest grandson. He will only wear boots or go barefoot. Hope you are enjoying this gorgeous weather.

Texan said...

Sounds like you got some lovely plants!!!

To many stickers here for bare feet LOL :O)