Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Babies.......



You can barely see them in this pic...
                                    

Here is a closeup...
A friend gave the girls a Praying Mantis egg pod
 They hatched yesterday!


They are Tiny!!
They are suppose to not go very far from where they hatch.

Yesterday Morning about 4 am our local grocery store caught fire.
This was a busy store that a lot of people depended on.
It also provided local jobs.

They do plan on rebuilding but it will take a little while in the mean time people will have to drive at least 12 miles or more to the grocery store. It makes it especially hard on the elderly that lived close by and could walk or drive a short distance. This is a small town and with only 2 convenience stores and a Dollar general to get any other kind of groceries. But I am sure they will figure out something to help them in the mean time.
 I hope everyone has a great day! 


11 comments:

Feral Female said...

Oh how cool! Mantis babies!

Goodwife said...

Such cute little fellers! I'm sorry to hear about your store! Hopefully they will be able to rebuild soon!

matty said...

OMGoodness! What cute little guys! They are like their parents in miniature!

That is a shame about the store! The same thing happened to a small town at the foot of the mountain from us. Do you know that they didn't have enough insurance to rebuild so the community came together to help with the construction just to keep the store at hand? Isn't that too cool??

Enjoy this lovely lovely day!

M

Nezzy said...

The Mantis family will take good care of your roses you lucky duck you.

I heard about the grocery store on the news yesterday morn'. I'm so very sorry it affects you. I sure hope they can get it up and goin' quickly for you and your community.

God bless ya and enjoy this beautiful Ozarks day!!!

Sheryl at Providence Acres Farm said...

Oh my! What cute babies! They are so good for the garden too!

That't sad about the fire!

Love Life said...

They are so cute and tiny ! I hope that they can rebuild the store soon.

small farm girl said...

I didn't know that mantis babies were that little. Wow!

Brenda said...

They are cute babies! Isn't it funny how most babies are cute ... no matter how small.

I hope they're able to rebuild the store soon.

goatpod2 said...

How neat!

Amy

Rural Rambler said...

Sorry about your store, hope they get together and rebuild. That really hurts a community. Like you said I bet everyone will help. Hard on the elderly that could only walk to the store :(

That teeny tiny baby is awesome!

Deanna said...

That is sad about your grocery store.

I used to be scard of praying manthis. My mom always told me they were poisoness.