Friday, April 30, 2010

Road Trip Find!

The reason for the trip turned out to be a disappointment..
But we found this Coool RIVER!!
 It has a dam.

Isn't it so neat looking?
Instead of gravel its almost solid rock on the river bed!

My goofy girls!

 The rock they wanted to bring home.....
Kyla in the pink shirt is a Rock kid..
 She packs rocks everywhere.. Has boxes of them!

Checking things out.

This looks like pavement but it was rock too.
Looks like the river use to flow there.

 Dying to get in the water...

That light color is Rock not gravel type just smooth rock.

They had these across the river. Don't know why.

 This is from down the river a ways.
You can see the bridge and the dam if you look real close.

Neat looking tree...

The other side of the river with
the rock layered along the bank

 We will be going back to visit this river when its warmer and they can get in the water.  The only bad part was Kyle wasn't able to take off at noon and go with us.. But we will take him with us next time! Its been raining and storming all evening. We didn't get any real bad weather just heavy rain and stuff for us. But apparently just about an hour southeast of us they had a tornado...
 Okay thats it for today.. I will get to wade through mud tomorrow so I better get to bed! Have a good night all!

12 comments:

Brenda said...

Even though the reason for the road trip was a disappointment, finding this great river makes it all worth it anyway! It sure looks like a great place to spend the day. I'll have to get more info from you on how to get there :D

tree ocean said...

Happy May! That looks like a great place! I wonder if there are fossils there...?

Coffee Catholic said...

It's great to see that I'm not the only rock fanatic in the world! I love rocks so much I was studying geology at college. But I dropped out so I could get my Mrs. degree hehe!

Amy McPherson Sirk said...

Wow, that's beautiful. Where was that? We go to Sam A Baker park when we can to enjoy the beautiful river and the wildlife.

Goodwife said...

That is beautiful! I love finding lovely rivers that you can get down to and look around! We got some storms here too, but nothing serious. I'm glad you escaped a tornado! :) Have a wonderful weekend!

Anke said...

What a great place you found there. My youngest is a rock girl, too. She has them on tables, in boxes, in bags and purses... She would have loved this place! Glad you didn't get any really bad weather, hope it stays that way!

Linda DerBoggosian said...

How wonderful!
I just stumbled into your blog. We just moved in from Mt.Home a few years ago & are still exploring the area as well. Where is that river? I'd love to go there. My son is a rock hound. He loves them!

Missouri Gal Nicole said...

Looks like a great river to me. What river is that?

matty said...

What a lovely river! Wasn't the water cold? We are on the New River and it is still way to frigid to even stand in! What a fun day! The gals look like they are having fun.

~Tonia said...

The River is Finley River that flows into the James river. It was very cold that is why they only stuck their foot in and why they couldnt go wading!

small farm girl said...

The the river! We have a few rivers like that around here. I just love to wade in them. Glad you didn't get hit by the tornado. lol

Calfkeeper said...

Very pretty. I rarely go down to the creek but what I find an unusual rock to bring back. I need to make a place to keep them all.