Friday, April 23, 2010

Plants, Finds And Contentment....


My Package I received from a sweet lady!!
Jewelweed and Tarragon  packed very careful!

My thrift store find today...
It was $1 and its stainless steel and about $15-20 new.
Nothing wrong with it. Its a small tea kettle and I was Thrilled!

The tarragon in its tub..
Its a little droopy but it had a long trip..
I am sure it will perk up.

My Lavender and the Lemon Balm that jumped tubs...
Its no longer in its assigned tub!lol
 I will probably move then lavender eventually

 The mints new tub..
 I hope it does drop out some so I can mow it...
 It would smell good...

 Sweet Marjoram and Rosemary..
Pansies on the steps...

 The other Pansies on the steps...

 The face of Contentment....
  I finally found energy to get some of my planting done today.. These are the ones I cheated with.. I didn't start them from seed or buy organic.. I bought them at Lowes... Yikes..Lol  Not all of them just 3.. The Jewelweed  came from a Friend a little farther up north... in Missouri! I hope it grows so i can send the kids out ot get it for bug bites and that sort of thing.. The tarragon came from her too! She is a sweet cyber/Goat friend! I also have Cilantro, Parsley, Basil, Oregano, and Sage started.. They are just little bitty and will go out in a few weeks.. They are doing good though. I also have some Comfrey seeds to get started. But it will go in its own spot that I haven't figured out where yet.. I want someplace where it can expand since its true Comfrey and will spread on its own..
 I have lots of plans... But all in due time.. I don't want to do what I usually do and overwhelm myself, then have dying plants.. But I have to say the yard is shaping up nicely..  Good night!!

10 comments:

Brenda said...

I like the old tub planters. Those pansies are very bright and cheerful.

You really did capture the look of contentment on that baby's face. I think I see a smile on the lips!

Feral Female said...

Now that is a contented caprine!

tree ocean said...

careful with that jewelweed...lol. self sows like crazy!! I have so much here, but I do love the pretty flowers as do the hummingbirds. It blooms about the same time as the beebalm in the same location so it looks cool- that flaming orange and purple...lol.

we have an uneasy truce-I leave it in certain places but tend to get ruthless with it when it sprouts among the veggies.

Anke said...

I love that you planted your herbs in tubs! We have a tub planted with herbs in our garden, too. Belonged to my grandmother and just seeing the cilantro and dill growing in it makes me happy.

Goodwife said...

I just planted some jewelweed this year myself. And I also got mine from a goatie friend, but she's in Illinois ;) We all three get poison ivy and oak something fierce and so she taught me how to make jewelweed soap and brought me the jewelweed.

Love all your plantings!

goatpod2 said...

How nice!

Amy

Kelle said...

Tonia,
Wish you were closer our Comfrey needs thinning( I'm sharing with a local friend), as does our Choc. Mint, Chamomile,Russian Tarragon, Greek Oregano, Borage, Parcel, Angelica, Wormwood and Calendula

We have to purchase Rosemary and Lavendar ever year, it just won't overwinter, not even indoors*sigh* I did plant rosemary and one seedling is coming along, but it's tiny!

Blessings,
Kelle

Rural Rambler said...

Tonia the pansies are way too cute! I love them. I am waaaay behind in my planting. The little goat face is just as cute as the pansies :)

Deanna said...

I like old tubs as planters. That lemon balm is crazy stuff. I have it everywhere. Mints are the same way.

Tha goat is precious!

Deanna

Texan said...

Jewelweed, I am going to look that up in my herb book. I have been working on starting my medicinal herb row :O) ... I am determined to get that going and to educate myself further about the use of herbs :O)

Do you have a book you feel is super good? I have a book on loan to me from a friend now, I have been looking at them on Amazon and whew they are so many...