Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Is A Beautiful Thing....


My friend's cat.
She is a diva they recently got a new cat
and she does NOT like the new cat...
I thought it was funny she was outside in this box
 like they had tossed her out..LOL
Poor Bubbles........

Mutant Dandelion??

 The Bunny HOP!

For every One Picture like this.....


 I get TEN of these!!!

 The chicks....

They are getting their feathers...
 Soon they will be OUT of my basement...

We definitely have a few roos...
Look at the comb started on the little one already.

 I love Pansies!! They just look so happy...
 I made Chevre cheese with the help of Brenda at Granny's Best ... It worked and did not flop like my yogurt did.. I will be trying the yogurt again this next weekend. I am pretty sure I know what was wrong.  On my Vinegar Cheese the recipe is no secret its the one out of  Storeys Guide To Raising Dairy Goats.
This morning I got 3 gallons of milk just from milking April out completely and milking off the mommas with to much milk.. I still have to milk tonight. We are no longer milk poor and its Great! lol.. I will start selling some in a couple of weeks so it will help with the feed bill some.
 I have started some advertising for the boys that are for sale. If they don't sell they will go to the freezer.. As pretty as some of them are I hate to do it but cant feed them all.. Speaking of the freezer Van has about worked himself into the freezer. The last straw was this morning when he got a baby down with his horns around the babies neck.. Needless to say he is no longer in the pen with momma and babies.. Unfortunately the only other option I had was a tie out till later. I NEVER suggest leaving a goat on a tie out BUT we are home most of the time and I wont leave him on a tie out when we are gone. I will figure out something else...
 A goat on a tie out can snap their neck very easily you startle the goat it jumps and if the tie out is caught on something it can break their neck..
 I also tried mowing the yard today.. I don't know how it happened but I think I was mowing Uphill the WHOLE time!!lol I am seriously out of shape and with all the spring activity I am getting back my muscle I lost last year after my surgery.. I am also sleeping Very well at night.. Its more like I am passing out by 10pm and don't want to get up in the morning because I am usually sore from doing something the day before.. I will probably crawl out of bed tomorrow till I am no longer sore from mowing only to finish it... And Yes it was MY IDEA to get a push mower... What was I thinking?!?.. Oh we live on a hill and I need the exercise.. I could just see the brakes going out of a big riding mower and ending up in the middle of the highway in front of the house.. Or going through the fence on the other side of the road...  Scary....
 Girls have rearranged their terrarium and added a lizard... Tried to add frog eggs I told them NO....
 Anyway I noticed I almost have 100 followers on my blog. I am at 98... Wow... Of course not all of them comment I dont know if all of the read it but they are listed in the followers.. Crazy..
 I had to make up for not writing anything yesterday.. I overdid it today! LOL
Gotta get supper going!Have a great evening!!

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Your chickies are sure growing. I love the silky one!

You know ... some people actually pay to go to a gym to lift weights and work out on equipment to build their muscles ... all you have to do is go out side and work on the farm to get a good workout !!

Goodwife said...

Sounds like you've been very busy! I'm enjoying the nice weather myself. :)

small farm girl said...

Your chicks are at the same stage as our chicks. And yes, I can't wait to get them out of our kitchen either.

Deanna said...

I know what you mean about how many pictures that get taken to get just one good one! Love those lil' chicks.

Feral Female said...

Tee-hee, I too have 10 fuzzy or head-cut-off pictures of goats to every good one!

I love the new header picture!1

Bee~Content Cottage said...

OH SISTER!!
Come on, sing with me...

"tis the season to over-do it!
fa-la-la-la-la
la-la-la-la!
outside chores contribute to it!
fa-la-la-la-la
la-la-la-la!
Now we don our cane and back brace!
fa-la-la
la-la-la
la-la-la!
chasin' goats all over the place!
fa-la-la-la-la
la-la-la-la!

thank you
thank you very much :)

Amy said...

I love my visits to your farm. It keeps me dreaming.

Have a wonderful day.

matty said...

Everyone is growing and looking so well! What beautiful babies! The cheese making looks like fun! I always have to do it alone. Having a friend to make it with looks like so much fun!