Thursday, April 22, 2010

Just A Swingin........

Previous Sad Excuse for a swing.....

And what does the Fishing pole have to do with it??
Gotta reel it in..

Daddy Tightening The Rope

Testing....

I tell her she is going to break something one day...

See what was in her way???
Amazingly she has yet to break anything ..
She has made it a whole 13 and a half years...

Its Waaaayyyy up there.....

Testing again.....

More testing....

First guinea pig..
Don't worry we did trim off the excess rope.

Swinging high.. She is not scared of heights..

The crazy brave scare momma half to death kid....

Remember we live on a hill......

So when they swing out its higher...

My careful kid.. Doesn't like to swing high and fast.
She has had stitches twice...

She did swing.... Just not to high..



  Our old house had 4 swings in a huge oak tree behind the house.. The girls hated leaving them.. So we had been promising them that we would hang new ones..  It was this one and another board swing that 2 people can fit on in another tree. Its not as crazy as this one.. They promise many hours of enjoyment.. I still love to swing.. Just on my front porch in my nice comfortable swing. haha The girls are thrilled with these.. I am glad we have the trees to put them in...
 Have a great night everyone!

10 comments:

Brenda said...

Oooooo! Looks like fun!!

Feral Female said...

Ahh yes, there is nothing like a good oldfashioned swing party!

tree ocean said...

I have to get to work on one of those. How did Kyle get it up in the tree?

~Tonia said...

He tied a rock to the fishing line and tossed it up over the branch he wanted. Then Tied the rope where the rock was and reeled it in over the branch. He makes it all look Real easy!lol

Goodwife said...

I just hung a swing like that for The Youngun a few weeks ago! I have swung on it more than she has! LOL It's on a slight hill as well and it sure is fun to swing out over that hill!

Amy said...

That looks like so much fun!!

Have a wonderful day.

Kelle said...

Nothing better than a tree swing! Just love the photo with the moon in the background it looks so serene and calm. Hows the mastitis doing? We've been helping our friend with the sheep treat mastitis is two of her ewes( naturally) and it takes longer than conventional meds. but she is impressed at how well they are responding.

Your kids(goats) as well as your children*wink* are so.... cute!

We always enjoy visiting your blog to see you pictures, it feels like HOME!
Blessings,
Kelle

~Tonia said...

Goodwife-I will be using the other swing.. I am not as brave as I use to be...
The girls said we need to put a pool were it swings out over the hill... Yeah thats not happening!LOL
Kelle- Sunshine is still doing great. I am afraid that side has dried up though. Still just getting a few squirts. If she hadnt been so bad I would have probably stuck with all natural but I do believe antibiotics can be useful just Not Overused!

small farm girl said...

I love tire swings! Seeing your makes me want to have one. The only problem is, we don't have any trees big enough for one around our house.

Rural Rambler said...

Tonia I so want a swing! Your pictures are fun and the girls are fun to see in your pictures and Kyle, now that is a good guy! We will do a swing in the big oak close to the drive :)