Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Butterflies And Farm Animals...


Butterfly Kyla caught this afternoon...
I had to show her the blogs that are all about bugs and frogs.
She spent an Hour looking at them! Lol

The newest addition...
My mom bought them for the kids in Sunday School.
Then they came home with me.
I told her if they are roosters they are coming back to her!
They are cute little banties...

 The other chicks..
 Hmmm Possibly a rooster??Haha
They are getting all their feathers
 and have moved to the chicken house in a pen..
Another couple of weeks and they will be let out with the other chickens..

 Sunshine the puny goat...
 She is doing better
but now has Mastitis in one side of her udder.
 She looks like a walking skeleton...
She never has been a fat goat to begin with.
She has her ears perked up here
 after them hanging really low for about 4 days.
 She also hollered at me a little today.
 She has made no noise at all since being sick..
She still has a long way to go...
 Her babies have taken to the bottle and are doing good.

 Bubba... the bottle baby..
He knows he is special!

Moses and The Boys(Jake and Bruce standing)
 Moses is Almost 3 months old and the other 2 are a little over 2 months.

 Moses chewin' on the thorn tree.

 Nap time this afternoon..

The bigger picture...


Playtime...
Pixy and Mariah's boy playing.

 Climbing the tree......

The babies were running  around..

Bubba... Again...

 I hope this boy goes as a breeder some where.
With his crazy colors and stocky build he has a funny personality too.
I think he would make an excellent commercial herd sire..
 We have been busy lately. I am sort of slacking on my blog post.. We had a busy weekend and 4H meeting last night. It was a lot of fun. We will probably be joining the local 4H group this next year though. So we aren't driving so far. We look forward to meeting new people But we will miss our group that got us started in 4H.. In the meantime we have Goat project meeting this weekend and fairs will be coming up soon! We are excited!
 I am ready to get plants in the ground too. I have some started but they aren't ready to go out yet. I don't plant mine till the middle of May except things like lettuce and other cold weather plants. But I have to get some top soil to put in some of my garden beds. Its a little rocky up here!Lol Of course I have all the goat barn and chicken house "stuff" to use...
 The weather has been wonderful! It is warm and sunshine... No rain till Friday evening then some rain through the weekend. Bad thing is all this nice weather makes the grass grow and when the grass grows I have to mow this hill..... I am thinking the girls need to learn!lol It would be good for them.... They need the exercise huh?/ Those words sound oddly familiar.... Oh yeah that was my argument for getting a push mower.. Lol  I will eventually get use to it I know but till they I think I am going to collapse and the grass looks like it is ten foot high from where I am standing!
 Okay thats it for tonight.. I have a goal of being in bed by 11pm tonight... I think I may make it...

6 comments:

Feral Female said...

What a beautiful butterfly! Cute chicks as well and the goats are looking wonderful!

Goodwife said...

That buck is very striking! Too bad I don't need a Nubian buck! ;)

Amy said...

Your pictures always make my day.

Have a wonderful day.

goatpod2 said...

Nice pictures Tonia!

Amy

Deanna said...

Bottle babies are special, aren't they.

The red buds are so special. I absolutely love them!

Hope you enjoy the rest of the week.

Deanna

Texan said...

Your super busy ... your kids look so good, I get tickled as their ears are one extreme to the other...very very long or short nubbies LOL...