Sunday, March 7, 2010

And Still Waiting.........

Sunset......

From my front porch...

An old house...

Roadside spring

Bruce... He thinks he is 10ft and bullet proof...

Jacob he is horribly mistreated you know..
Or at least hollers like that.
Gives the kennel next door a run for its money
in the noise department..

 Moses flinging his ears around....

 All 3 boys chasing me! How dare I NOT give them a bottle!

 The ticking time bomb....
 I have been giving her the red raspberry
every couple of hours.
She is eating it like she is craving it..
 I know I have said this but it really cant be much longer!
LOL!.
 My 3 puny kids are feeling better. It was beautiful outside.. I had to go get milk for the boys and took the long way home. That is where my header pic, the roadside spring and the old house pics came from.. Everything is drying out on top though. The ground is still wet but the old leaves and brush are dry. There have been several brush fires lately. With just enough breeze to make it move and jump fire breaks it can be dangerous until we get rain or it greens up more. Some people are burning trash or brush and it gets out of control really quick... Some don't learn from year to year...
 For those of you asking about the essential oils I use.. I use the NOW brand they are affordable and some are even organic..  Some I get a 16oz bottle. Very expensive but cheaper then buying small bottles all the time. They usually last me all year. Most of them I do get in 1 and 2 oz bottles. My local health food store carries a good selection.
 That's it for tonight... Unless of course when I go check and Sunshine is in full labor then there will be more to post! lol.. Yeah right.. I told Kyle tonight I think they are all faking it! Haha.. Good Night!

11 comments:

Spinner said...

Since my doe is refusing to kid or even look remotely like she is getting close to kidding except for the big belly, I thought that I would come over and sit up with Sunshine for awhile. But I see that I am too late and will have to wait until tomorrow to find out if she delivered tonight or if you are still waiting.

kestrel said...

Sunsets are God's loveliest gift to use. The country looks pretty dry now, hope some rains come. Life is funny isn't it, too much snow, too little rains, too cold, too hot...but we go on. I hope there is no delivery in the early hours of the morning to disturb your sleep, good luck

Feral Female said...

Beautiful pictures Tonia!


I know all about that waiting game. They do this to thier humans just to keep us on our toes I tend to think. =)

Brenda said...

Tonia - I love the old barn photo in your header. It looks like it has a lot of history.

The boys are growing so fast. I'm glad they're enjoying being outside.

If Sunshine is faking it, she's doing a pretty good job!!

tberry29 said...

I love the sunset photo..what a beautiful view from your front porch..its just breathtaking.
I have this thing about old houses like the one in this post. Everytime I see one like that I just cant help but try and imagine how it used to be..and what kinda family lived there..who built it and how old it is...I am an old soul I guess. Just always curious about the past. Thanks for sharing the photos..; )

tree ocean said...

He is showing off those ears to his little earless friends...

sunshine's bag is bigger than her belly-is she hiding that baby somewhere in a knapsack? lol

The clouds look like they are on fire in that pic...

Your goats would clear that house lot in no time...what a shame to see the roof going...

I love it that my oldest is working the farm with me. I was going on about the bucks on the way home and he said, "not to change the subject..." and I said, "Oh, I can talk about goats all day" and then he said, "I can't wait to comb that wether, Jackson..."

lol so he was just changing the type of goat in the conversation-I am so psyched to have someone to talk goats with! hehe

small farm girl said...

Great pictures! I love the spring.
If you don't have newborns soon I think shes going to pop. lol

Carol............. said...

What beautiful shots! Yes, spring is on the way.

Tina said...

look at those boys!!
They are growing by leaps and bounds!
I came home today to find my boys had squoze through the fence (I watched them do it later in the day...pushed through there like they were being given birth!!)
I am not very happy with them now.

no kid yet??
maybe she's waiting till spring offically arrives!

Rural Rambler said...

Anything yet? Your header is wonderful and pictures from your front porch are back?!! Beautiful sunset.

Nezzy said...

Woohoo! Happy dance here, the kids (children) are feelin' better and the weather is lookin' up.

Those sunset pics are amazing, nobody paints a picture like God and you captures the best of the best!

Ya'll have a fun day filled with sweet blessings from above!!!