Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Silly Pics & Belly Pics


Van is so abused.. Lounging around..
Getting to eat with the pregnant goaties...
He is suffering horrendously and he lets me know about it..

This yawning thing they do when they are either in Labor or getting there...
Maybe its a silent scream??

 The "My belly cant get any bigger" pose!

Same here!!Lol

Hope and her belly...
  She is losing her undercoat and looks rather shaggy

 They are sooo energetic...
Sasha the only one not pregnant.
Looks so small compared to everyone else...
She is the one in the feed tub..

 Sunshine In lock down....
Mariah in the front there...
 I made a temporary kidding pen for Sunshine. I usually don't have kidding pens but she is getting rather cranky with everyone. Van and Sasha are being a little bit of a pill to everyone else. I guess the fact that they are all pregnant and don't want to play makes them want to aggravate everyone..
 So the only piece of panel I had left was my hayrack.. I took it down and used it to make a kidding pen. I have 2X4 wire for hayracks now.  They don't seem to care as long as they get their groceries!
 Sunshine's ligaments have been gone for almost 24 hours and not returned... Dottie and Ethel are losing theirs too. I am sticking close to the house for the rest of the week and through the weekend..
  My girls are feeling better. The colds are about gone. Its made everyone a little droopy though.. And grumpy!lol.. But they are feeling better. The weather has been great! Even though it rained and its been a little windy its not a "put on 27 layers and still be half frozen" breeze!!
 I went out at about 4am this morning because I didn't see a light from the boys pen.. I had all these visions of shivering babies and treating for pneumonia... Hey who said I have to always be an Optimist!! It was 4am!
They were fine!! They wanted a bottle not a new light bulb! Lol... I was glad they didn't get cold. Its really just a precaution so if it dips to low they don't get chilled.. Eventually I will leave it off.
 So I am off for one more baby check. Kyle actually suggested a Baby Monitor tonight!! I about fainted.. After the girls got older he said no to one for the goats!!  That's been a few years ago. It would save us trips to the barn every hour depending on what is going on.. It doesn't have to be anything expensive even though he suggested a barn cam!.... He is coming around.. But I am cheap and wont spend the money on it...LOL
 Okay good night everyone!

13 comments:

Tina said...

I remember being very pregnant in the ninth month and everubody making a WIDE birth around me....I guess goats feel the same.
Poor babys, they just make me ache looking at them!
Hang in there... I'll be praying they don't all decide to kid at once!!

small farm girl said...

Won't be too much longer now. I can hardley wait to see the pictures!

Feral Female said...

When I was in my last month of pregnancy I looked, and more than likely acted, much like our very wide goaty girls! =)

tree ocean said...

Glad everyone is feeling better! Those goats are huge! When are they officially due?

Brenda said...

I thought I'd check in on you this morning to see if the does had their babies yet so you could get some rest ... but it looks like they're still holding on! Come on girls !!

Good news on the Baby Monitor. I think a barn cam would be a great idea. That way you could see what's going on out there.

goatpod2 said...

Nice pictures!

Amy

Galloping Goats Farm said...

That is about the stage all of my goats are in too. I can't wait for bebies.

~Tonia said...

Talk about being pregnant Tina you should have seen me at 36 weeks with twins... LOL I was all belly sort of resembled April just walked upright.Haha..Sometimes.. My belly measured 52 weeks at a week before Kyla and Kara were born..
The official due date of 150 days for the goats is tomorrow..But I was sure Sunshine was going to go early because of all the stuff she had going on.. That is 150 days fromt he time the buck went in with them. Soem of them were in heat or came into a full heat with in a few days.. So we will see!!

Goodwife said...

Hi Tonia! Can't wait to see your baby pics! I posted this question for you over at my blog, but I'll put it here as well. You said if labor isn't progressing after two hours you do "something". What do you do? I didn't know what to do until I could see the bubble. Do you "go in" even if they aren't pushing? I knew what to do once there was a foot out and she wasn't pushing, but didn't know how to help her if it seemed like there was nothing going on. Lots of prayer got us through though!

~Tonia said...

Goodwife I posted this in your comments too...
If I know for sure a goat is in labor and she is not Progressing I will feel and see if she is dilated Or if there is any babies close enough to feel.. I waited 4 hours one time and thought mom was doing okay... When I finally got the nerve to check 1st baby was bent U-shaped coming back first. Mom had been pushing that long but not very hard. Mom and all 3 babies survived But if I had went with my gut I would have checked sooner and she would not have had to be in labor for that long..
It doesnt hurt anything to check to see if they are dilalted.. Just make sure everything is clean.. I wear gloves. You know when they are not acting themselves.. Like standing and stretching alot. Not eating much... If they stop chewing cud, start hanign their head , stay in a corner or if they seem restless. They do that some in later pregnancy but when they are in labor and it dont progress that maybe some of the only signs..
If mine stop eating,they arent active and seem to just be off. I check things out.. Kind of like when a woman is having a baby. You can feel if they are dilated or not. If they are then you can go a little farther and see if babies are close and if there is any problems.. I usually dont have to though.. Its happened 4 times in 7 years.. Having anywhere from 8-20+ goats...

OurCrazyFarm said...

A barn cam?? Could you imagine??!! But I'm like you and probably couldn't justify it either:)) Hope those mommas decide to have their babies pretty soon. We had one doe that we watched for near a month expecting any day, today, tomorrow, then had 4 does deliver before her without hardly a sign on pre-labor. All is well now and we are busy milking. I love your pretty spotted does:))

~Tonia said...

Lol.. Yeah I was thinking I could get the one that feeds into your PC... then I could watch goat TV!!!Haha...

matty said...

I silent screamed a lot with John! Oh, and it has continued! LOL

The gals are looking fantastic! I am hoping for nice kidding weather for you and NOT RAIN!