Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Quads!!! Sunshine Had Quads!!!


 First we thought Just 2 does....
I was like okay... That's fine with me...

Then along came #3 doe.....
I was like I can handle that...
Even the buck/doe score....

 Then I thought she was passing after birth
 and instead came a backwards BOY!
 He is the one with white on his leg..
 We were all in serious shock!!Haha! I was in the middle of typing my blog for the day and was going to be leaving for church in about an hour.. Kara comes flying in the back door "MOM! MOM! SUNSHINE Has TWO Babies!!! Ones a Girl!" She hadn't looked at the other yet and she was still in her sack so we got it off of her and dried her off. Sunshine wasn't wanting to clean them off and kept heading out to the goat yard!! SO I would bring her back.. Finally she laid down and had Doe #3!!  Then #4 came along!!  Then she commenced to cleaning everyone and everything !!Haha!
 They are having a little issue with the Selenium Deficiency too. So I gave them the supplement.  Dottie's boy that is having problems is already starting to straighten out his leg. So the Supplement is working just takes time. I will have to figure out something more than the BOSS(Black Oil Sunflower Seeds) and supplement... I may have to go to a Bose shot..
 I have 5 more to kid and only 2 are First fresheners! One looks like It could be twins! I think April is going to save it for the Grand Finale!! Poor thing can hardly walk!
 The Red Raspberry helped Sunshine she had the babies and passed the after birth pretty quick Also has a Bunch of colostrum!!  Only one was turned wrong but he was the last one and she had him by herself.
 I am still giving her and Dottie a little more to help them finish cleaning out and keep the milk flowing well. Which they usually don't have a problem with that. They also get a treat of warm oatmeal, raisins, molasses and red raspberry after they are all done along with warm molasses and apple cider vinegar water. I usually do that for a day or 2 depending on how traumatic labor was...
 For those of you asking about the Red Raspberry. I use the Leaves cut and sifted. One of the major reasons is it tones female organs, helps with labor and fertility. It will also stop diarrhea if not illness related. It helps to make sure milk production is what its suppose to be.
 I get my bulk herbs from http://www.herbalcom.com/ I like their herbs, prices and shipping is free just a flat rate of $6 and something! Everything else I get from a local healthfood store.
 Okay I have to go check on all the babies... Have a good night everyone!!

23 comments:

Aimee said...

oo you got me beat! Congratulations. Do you think she can handle four?

Brenda said...

Amazing! I guess Sunshine rewarded you for all the waiting she put you through. Maybe it takes a little longer to get 4 babies finished and ready to deliver!

You truly have a population explosion! 2 does have kidded and you have 7 new kids!! There's no doubt that Brown Bear is fertile.

I'm glad you were still there when she decided to have her kids. What an exciting evening! I'm still waiting on Liz and CiCe.

small farm girl said...

Wow!!! I didn't know goats could have 4 kids. Things that I learn on this blog! lol. I bet she feels a lot lighter now.

~Tonia said...

I dont know if she will be able to handle 4 I am milking extra out right now and will be bottle feeding some to help her out. Then i will be milking. I may go ahead separate and sell as bottle babies. I am kind of up in the air about it and no decisions have to be made right now.
smf- Goats have been known to have even 5 & 6 at a time!! Normal I think though is twins and triplets.
I am still in shock!!Lol

Linda said...

WOW!!! Cool too! lol

WeldrBrat said...

Congratulations!!! All that waiting really paid off! Keep those photos coming! And turn the kids loose with the camera - so we can see you having fun with all the chaos! LOL

Oh, I am so happy for you! I could tell you were really beginning to worry. Hope this makes you feel so much better!

Laura said...

wow they look great, all of your attention to nutrition really paid off. I am going to order some of the herbs you suggested, I have one more Doe to kid but I think she has a couple more months to go since I don't know her breeding date. Congratulations your farm is blossoming! Thanks for posting all the good info and link to the herbal site.

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

Well, I'm totally wowed!! Bet she is, too! C

Caroline in NH said...

I know that if we want BoSe injectable, I have to get it from my vet. Hoegger Goat Supply has an over-the-counter Selenium & Vit E paste that doesn't require a prescription, however.
http://www.hoeggergoatsupply.com/xcart/product.php?productid=3822&cat=13&page=2

Quads! Wow! I have 2 first fresheners that may only give us singles (they're due April 5 & not very big). Their mum once gave us triplets, but we haven't had quads show up!

Feral Female said...

Wow quads!! Congratulations!

Spring Lake Farm said...

Wow! Congratulations. I am really glad my two had singles. With this being my first time (and theirs) one each is about all we could handle. I can't wait to see more pictures.

Sandy

Goodwife said...

Congrats on 4 babies! Thatsalotta babies! My doe Naomi was one of 6....yup I said SIX! I hope and pray that none of my goats ever has sextuplets! Congrats and glad they were mostly doelings!

~Tonia said...

I dont want 6 either!! 4 is pushing it!!LOL Checked them this morning and everyone seems to be doing okay. I fed everyone a little colostrum and fed one of Dotties boys. I am keeping milk separate from each mom till colostrum is done. That way i amke sure their babies get enough.
Ethel is still eating and wondering around..

Debbie said...

Congratulations on four kids! Sounds like your little buck is earning his keep! lol

Debbie

goatpod2 said...

Wow, congrats on the quads, the most we've ever had here was triplets when we were kidding out our goats though.

Amy

Amy said...

Thank you for sharing. Those babies are so cute.

You are very lucky.

Have a wonderful day.

Tina said...

i feel faint.
egads, are they part rabbit????
wowzers..... :)

Rural Rambler said...

Wow! Congratulations!! Four!!!!

Spinner said...

Finally! I was tired of checking both here and on the forum. Congratulations!

Texan said...

Wow your girls are popping out a gazillion babies... 3 and 4 WOW...

Our goats have one or two ...

Your going to have more goats than you know what to do with if these kind of numbers keep up!!

Congrats you got 3 girls out of the four woooowhoooo...

Carol............. said...

So many precious spring babies! I'm envious...

Rina ... also Chester or Daisysmum. said...

Amazing, how did 4 babies fit in there! They so cute I want babies too.

Shanster said...

Amazing they don't all get tangled up in there don't you think? We had quads one year - were the kids pretty small? All of ours made it but they seemed so tiny.

I wish I woulda known more about supplements at the time! Why do you feed oatmeal and raisins? Seems like a good tasty treat for the new Mommas...maybe I should try?

We give warm molasses water and grain to Mom but hadn't tried anything else...

Congrats!