Tuesday, March 16, 2010

More Baby Pics!

Imagine that.. I took these after they dried off..
They were a little chilly and I had to put a heat lamp out.

 This is Boy #1....

This is Boy #3..
He has very unusual coloring!
 Boy #2 is a little weak and having a little foot trouble. I am in a Selenium deficient area and with the BOSS and Supplement I thought it would cover it.. It could have been worse and with a little time his foot will get better.
 I had to milk Dottie out completely because her udder was so full the boys cant get under it to nurse.
 #3( I will have names eventually) I think has figured it out but I haven't seen the other 2 nurse yet or have full bellies I have been supplementing with a  bottle.
 I had a little bit of a Heart Attack earlier because she had laid on Boy #1!! But I guess with the bedding being so soft it didn't hurt anything right! When I came in the barn and saw it I hollered her name and she jumped up!! He was a little slow moving and then got up and was walking around!. Her kidding pen is the back 1/3 of the barn Not small!! But everything is okay....
 I think I need to feed more Red Raspberry to make a bigger improvement on babies getting into position. We will see how it goes with everyone else.. Dottie did pass her placenta rather quickly and didn't bleed much at all. So that is an improvement. I did start her on antibiotics since I had to go in and pull kids. I will continue with the red raspberry mixed with a little oatmeal, raisins, and molasses. Then when I am milking the Red Raspberry will be added to the grain when I milk.
 Dottie looks good.. A little thinner!Lol but not much for carrying triplets!
 So Now I am ready for the next round of babies!! 

12 comments:

small farm girl said...

The babies are looking good! You just want to hug them all! Can't wait for the names!

Brenda said...

Wow ... I'm glad #1 is okay after getting laid on!

They are very cute and sure have long ears.

Is #2 sucking the bottle or are you having to tube feed him? I hope he gets stronger quickly.

Feral Female said...

Awwwww! They look great! I am in serious goat-kid hug withdrawal!!

tree ocean said...

Boy number one reminds me of Moses!

I went through that wondering with Daphne-she is so short they had to kneel to get under there...at the farm when in doubt she weighs them at intervals to see if they are gaining.. I prefer to see them sucking!!! lol

best of luck with them and the next ones coming...

Rina ... also Chester or Daisysmum. said...

So cute, no2 is my favorite so far. What's up with the rasberries?

Anke said...

The little baby goats are just adorable. Very, very cute...

WeldrBrat said...

They are so adorable! And so tiny! I can't get over that! It'll be fun watching as you go with all ther herbal help, etc. Where do you get your herbs?

Amy said...

Prayer for them. Is there anything cuter than baby animals!!!!

I am dreaming of the day that we can move out into the country and have critters. I miss my rabbits more than I can say. My cats too. But I know they went to good homes.

Have a wonderful day.

OurCrazyFarm said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! That little silver guy is beautiful!

Texan said...

I think I missed something, Red Raspberry? What form and why? I see it must have something to do with pregnancy for sure ... :O)

Do you just use that on milking goats? or is it good for any goat that is pregnant?

Missouri Gal Nicole said...

Soooo Cute!!!!

hillybilly annie said...

sooooo cute My fav is the silver one as well