Thursday, March 4, 2010

I Tried......

To PULL The Covers Back Over My Head!! But everyone seemed to think I should do something today.....

 I have to say first Thank You to a dear sweet friend who fixed breakfast and good coffee for me today!! The best thing a visit with a friend, coffee and Goats!Lol 
 But when I left her house I took the outer road back into town... Just enjoying the sunshine and Not paying attention... I usually set my cruise so I wont have a heavy foot.. I make sure everyone wears their seat belt and I don't SPEED!..... But since I wasn't paying attention when I saw the Highway patrol coming towards me I immediately checked  the speedometer... Oh I was speeding and I had been caught...
 NOW.. You  would think seeing that it had been over 10 years since my last ticket and I had a spotless record since then there may be some mercy... Or that I wasn't an obvious trouble maker I would be shown a little Mercy.... OR since I was respectful(And I do respect the law and I know Highway patrols risk their lives) I would have been shown a little mercy... But nooooooo No questions... No you should watch what you are doing.... Just here is your ticket.. All info is provided.. Oh look it can conveniently be paid online...
 It made me thankful for a few things... One that GOD is not a Highway Patrol man.... Two that it wasn't a month or 2 ago when Kyle had been laid off for 3 months and I had absolutely NO MONEY....
 So then I carry on with my errands... But first did I mention that I hate town??? You know the busy,cars everywhere, and multiple stoplight kind of town???  Feed store was uneventful... I go to Wally world.. Now did I mention How much I do NOT like that place?? But I had to go.. I also got the girls a new CD.. I was reminded of the time we spent on That Farm while in that place too... But back to the CD... I got it out to the car, Open it and put it in the Cd player... Nothing... I take it out and look at it.. It has Scratches on it?!?!  I just opened it... So I take it back in... They want to exchange it for one exactly like which is fine... Except they don't have it.... I got the last one.. They don't want to exchange but at this point I had the "don't mess with me" look I am sure.. I am scary!Lol.. yeah okay...
 So I was able to exchange it since it had been less than an hour since I got it for something else....
 Then..... I thought I would stop and get some supper since it had been such a frustrating day.... So I go in the restaurant... I stand at the register.. I wait.. One lady comes out and walks on by... I wait... Then another person... I wait.. Finally when the 4th person walked by me I walked out.... Then they tried to stop me.. I just said No thank you.... and Kept on going.. LOL I was ready to go home but still had to tell Kyle about my ticket and I was not looking forward to it... Not that he is so mean or anything....
  Thank You God for a sweet hubby! He can be just as sweet as can be.. Didn't laugh or anything just hugged me..
 So nooowww That I am done whining about my day.. I want to say Thank You Jesus for being able to drive in the first place and for the reminder to Slow down......  I am again Thankful God is not a highway patrolman.. No offense meant to my family members who are in law enforcement. I am sure you all wouldn't be so mean!Lol 
 I was never so glad to see my house! Even as messy as it is right now.. No one had babies while I was in town. I knew Sunshine wouldn't let me miss it!! I'm not going anywhere near a town with more than a 4-way for a few days.... I am ready for bed now.. Going to check on my goaties and pull those cover up over my head like I wanted to this morning...
 P.S. Can you all believe I have 88 followers???? WOW

12 comments:

Kritter Keeper said...

glad you got home in one piece! mean cop...but you did the right thing and looked on the bright side. and i would have walked out too of that stupid restaurant. glad your goaties are doing well!

Feral Female said...

Glad to hear you arrived home safe and sound! Those kinds of days surely do make us want to hide beneath the covers!

Laura said...

the good news is you get to start all over again today and forget about yesterday! Happy Friday!

Gail said...

Some days, you are just meant to stay home!

Brenda said...

Wow! What a day! No wonder you were glad to get back home. I sure hope today is a much better day ... I'm sure it will be since you'll be staying close to home watching the does for signs of kidding! That has to be more fun than all the things you had to deal with in town!

Kyle is a sweetheart! Sounds like he knows when you really need a hug and some understanding.

Have a Blessed Day, Tonia!

Rural Rambler said...

Whoa Tonia! Whenever I think I am having a busy day and feeling overwhelmed I come here and read what busy REALLY is! And Tonia just so you don't feel alone, I have had my fair share of speeding tickets, I just never learn. The last one was in a work zone(no one working)and was a tad pricey. Your hubby is a sweet guy.

OurCrazyFarm said...

So sorry to hear about your day! Yes~ coffee and goats are much nicer than Stuffmart and tickets:)) Have a better day today!! Aren't followers wonderful!

Spinner said...

Our local and state officers have no mercy anymore either. They need the money.

Ryan said...

You are worth following... but if you speed I will catch up with you at the next redlight.

Nezzy said...

Mama said there'd be days like this. Hopefully they are few and far between! I sure hope hibernating under the covers did the trick!

God bless and have a fantastic weekend!!!

tree ocean said...

I am soo sorry to hear you got a speeding ticket!!! OH, I HATE those!!!

I have passed three state police in the last few days (met them on the road) and first thing I do is (hit the brakes lol) check my speed and the second thing I do is glue my eyes to the rear view! Thank God for all those frost heaves right now since they make speeding impossible without going airborne!

and I am the same way at the restaurant..esp on one of THOSE days, and wally world scratched cd? Grrr!!!

Can't wait to see all those bouncing goat babies!

what do they say bad things come in threes-you're all set and can come out now! :) *hugs*

small farm girl said...

Wow, what a day! I understand now why you wanted to pull the covers back over your head. That was just a bad day! I'm glad you didn't miss any babies being born. That would have just topped it all off. lol