Saturday, March 13, 2010

I Have Babies!....


But Not GOAT Babies... >:(
 I bought chicks today!lol

10 banties and 5 Layer pullets....


I love watching them fall asleep in their tracks!

Yummy Sugar water!

 I am being eyeballed!
Kind of intimidating from such a little thing!
Letting me know I am being Watched!!

They have found the food and water and seem to be doing good..
Some women impulse-buy clothes...
I buy chickens...Haha

I scattered a little feed on the cardboard.
They went nuts for it!Lol
 I bought the mix of breeds so it will be a surprise when they get a little older. The 10 banties are straight run so there will be roosters.. Oh yeah! There are 2 silkies in the bunch I hope they are hens! I miss my little silkie hens!! Then I bought 5 layer pullets. I was looking at buying hens already laying but at $10 each I couldn't justify it... For the amount of 3 hens a year old I bought 15 chicks. Since I have reasonably good luck with chicks I just bought them instead! I know I wont get eggs for a while but this way is Much More FUN!Lol It made Kyla and Kara's day since the art project was cancelled...
 I love going in Cackle Hatchery! Lol We use to visit when I was a kid sometimes buying chicks and sometimes just stopping in to see them. My kids love going in there..
 Its been gray and chilly out... I want those warm days again... Where oh Where are they???
Okay off to feed the boys and do night time chores. Have a good night!

16 comments:

Rina ... also Chester or Daisysmum. said...

Oh they so cute ... love babies too. Can't wait for the baby goats to come.

Aimee said...

Very cute, but not as cute as goat babies!

Brenda said...

Oh ... when I read your header ... I thought for sure Sunshine had given birth! Cute chicks!

small farm girl said...

Tonia, your so funny! I thought for sure we would see pictures of some baby goats. We are trying to hatch some chicks out ourselves. This should be interesting.

tree ocean said...

Ha got me too! I thought goat babies! Nice set up! you'll have lots of eggs next winter!

~Tonia said...

I know that was a little rotten but I couldnt resist!!lol

Linda said...

Man! I thought your goats had babies! But hey the little chick are really cute too! I'm looking forward to getting some soon as well...

dogsmom said...

I used to gather eggs at my Aunt's farm, but really know nothing about raising chickens from hatch. Just this week I learned the term "stright run."

WeldrBrat said...

Ohhhhhhhh, I am in soooooo much trouble! Take pictures every day! How high are your lamps hanging from the ground? ( Happy dancin'! ) I can't wait until I get my first bunch!! I really like the set-up you've got going there! Looks nice and comfy!

Sheryl at Providence Acres Farm said...

They are adorable! I love baby chicks too!

Feral Female said...

I thought you had new goat babies when I saw the header! Darn but those peeps are cute! Congrats!

Anke said...

Those are sooooo cute! I want chickens so bad, but we'll absolutely have to wait until our dogs are gone. After the bunny massacre of 2008 we are not going to risk it anymore. I'll just have to look at your little cuties.

goatpod2 said...

Nice chicks!

Amy

Carol............. said...

Your pictures make me itch to get back to Washington State for the summer.......I'm planning on getting baby guineas this year.

Have fun watching your babies grow...it happens so fast!

matty said...

Aren't diddles the cutest things!?? I am ordering mine tomorrow. As you, I do well with them and I really like that they get patterned after me and will come when I call -- which the older pullets will not do!

Fingers crossed for silkies!

Texan said...

why the marbles in the waters?

Cute chicks :O), I have reisted but ewww they are so tempting. We have three grown layers so I can't say we need any.. but I have just looked and looked at them at the feed store :O)