Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Frogs, Snakes and Spiders.......


But first the house baby....
 He has no name since he is not staying here..
 I thought I would let the new owner's name him.
Candice calls him Bubba.
He is so sweet just like his momma...
 Well and his daddy too. They are both very calm.

Kyla had an empty aquarium....
But it is no Longer empty....

Her and Kara caught 7 peeper frogs!
 SEVEN!!! Of course they can sit on a quarter and still have room.
That's a big one too..

One in the middle was singing...

Notice his throat...

 Here is one hiding...

A snail...

 A ring-neck Prairie snake.. Tiny little thing...

Another peeper romancing the one hiding...

 Stuck to the glass...

Another one stuck to the glass..

Frog, snake and spider....
A Wolf Spider..
 Who according to google search is Poisonous!!
 Our old house had these things Everywhere!!
 I hate spiders....
Kyla did very well with her terrarium. She started it and then after getting most of everything done Kara helped her catch more critters. They say they just need a lizard now... Oh yeah..  Of course we have had lizards before. My Pawpaw thought it was great the girls liked all the critters and when we went to visit had a whole box  Full of Green Anoles for them!Lol We kept them for a long time and the last ones finally died about a year or so ago... My girls have loved looking for all sorts of Creepy crawlies since they were Little!! Never scared of them either.
 Kara has a fish tank with Crawdads and Fish from the creek in it too. Good science for them! They have to find out what the animals eat and hopefully they don't eat each other.. We made the mistake of sticking crawdads in a fish tank one time... Then he ate all our fish!!lol  We knew they ate fish just didn't think ....
 Oh and I ended up putting the tank on the front porch last night... The peepers are LOUD!!! Of course I knew that but didnt think it would be that loud..
 We are having absolutely Beautiful weather!! The Sunshine has done wonders around here. We have been BUSY!! Milking the goats is getting easier. Thank you GOD!! I was fixing to get highly upset with some of them! I mean really I was giving them all the food they could eat while on the stand and one goat had the nerve to NOT Eat while up there!!Lol She realized that it didn't matter she was still going to be milked and started eating.. Its just like my kids I just have to be more stubborn and determined than they are!Haha Not hard for me.. I tend to be a little strong willed..... And my husband is saying That's an Understatement for sure!!
  We are able to drink the milk now. It sweetened early this year. I have no less than 15 gallons of milk in the frig right now.. The bottle babies and the babies on mom are not drinking it all. This is milk before it tasted good to us. So its all for the bottle babies. I am having to milk out some of them morning and night because they have so much milk... My cup runneth over....With goats milk! Yeah!! I can make yogurt now.. I have been wanting to make it since tasting some of Brenda's yogurt last year. Good stuff!!
 Okay got to get going. I hope everyone has a great day!! I plan on enjoying more sunshine... Woo Hoo!

10 comments:

tree ocean said...

that sunny seventies is heading our way...rain and wind yesterday and today.

some goats don't like to be combed, either, and I have to tell them it is happening and they might as well enjoy it...lol

will the snake eat the peepers?

WeldrBrat said...

This just made my first cup of coffee taste so much better this morning! How fun that your girls have taken to enjoying the the little critters that usually hide from us all! My middle daughter conned Dad into letting her bring in tadpoles. She is now 26 and she still catches a load full about that one! Wonderful photos!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

~Tonia said...

Nope the snake is TINY.. Its maybe 4 inches adn they only eat little bugs and worms for the most part.. It is a baby but they dont get real big even full grown maybe 6-8 inches at the most...

Goodwife said...

I just started milking for the year this morning. I'll be setting some yogurt in the morning, I think that's what I've missed the most! That and the homemade ice cream!

Linda said...

The babies are so cute! And I love the aquarium! That would be really neat! I have fish in mine - lol

Brenda said...

The terrarium is VERY cool! The girls did an excellent job with it. I'll bet it is a lot of fun to watch. Is there really a wolf spider in there? Their bite is as venomous as a snake! Be careful!

~Tonia said...

There Was a Wolf Spider in there. He is now dead. I did not know they were poisonous till we looked them up.. Which is a little scary because our old house had them EVERYWHERE! I killed like 20+ one morning in a bedroom. We sprayed around the house to get rid of them.

Nezzy said...

Isn't this weather the bomb? The aquarium was given life with style. Tell Kyla she did a great job. Have a happy Easter and enjoy this beautiful weather.

God bless and have a wonderful Wednesday!!! :o)

goatpod2 said...

Thanks for sharing!

Amy

Missouri Gal Nicole said...

OMG! I didn't know the wolf spider was poisonous! We have a lot of those out here in the woods! Yiles!
I love toads but snakes; they scare me!