Thursday, March 18, 2010

And we have twins......


2 big ole boys from Ethel!
Second one was pretty big
and we didn't get there in time and he didn't make.
He didn't get cleaned off right away..

But this one is quite the dandy!!
 Candice and I went to help Brenda get ready for our Goat Project Meeting Saturday! She is going to make Mozzarella cheese with the kids, we will also watch the milking and see the babies. I am looking forward to it! Only thing the weather isn't looking very nice!... First day of spring and its suppose to rain AND snow!! Come on!! Weather!..
 Anyway we got home and ran of course first thing to the goat barn to see if we had new babies.. Ethel had had one boy and cleaned him  enough so he was breathing and sitting up .. but number 2 got stuck and was a little rougher on her. He was about half way out and didn't get the chance to breathe. He was big!! Ethel passed her after birth and seems to be doing okay. She is an obsessive mom and freaks when he hollers.Lol But she has always been like that.
 We are now watching the last 4... Udder are huge and I am predicting to get a least one kidding tomorrow.. Hope and April seem to be the closest to kidding leaving Mariah and Abby the 2 first timers... But we will see!..
 Okay I am wore out and heading to bed! Well after I check goats and Sunshine gets her shot of wormer... and I make sure all the babies are doing okay... Lol Have a good night!

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Ethel's boy is really big! I really like his colors. I'm sorry about the second one. I can't imagine one bigger than the one in the photo. He must have been huge!

Thank you for the help getting things ready for Saturday. I'm really looking forward to the 4H group spending the day here on the farm!

tree ocean said...

Oh that is so sad! At least Ethel is ok and her one...I said awhile back one of your does looked like she had a huge baby on one side but I can't recall which one...

The one in the pic has a HUGE head! I had to pull Jenny out of Daphne and if I waited longer I would have lost her, too...my first kidding so I waited two hours after hoof appeared...

Good luck with the rest!

Amy said...

Oh my, he is a fantastic looking fellow. My hubby commented what a fine looking critter he is.

He's had goats, sheep, horses, donkeys, etc. You get the picture.

Have a wonderful day.

Feral Female said...

Sorry to hear about the second one. Boy that first twin is a massive looking fellow and very handsome as well!

goatpod2 said...

Congrats!

Amy

Sheryl at Providence Acres Farm said...

He sure is cute! Sad about the other twin.

I sure do hope you get some girls!!

Texan said...

Well they are on a roll around there now! Congrats but sorry the one didnt make it :O(

small farm girl said...

So sorry about the lost little one. But, YEA for the one that made it! Big one!