Monday, March 1, 2010

5 Days And Counting........


But First some baby pics......
Of course here is Moses....


The Breakfast Lineup!!



A little organizing.....
These bags went...

Into These jars.....
Just a note here.... When putting activated charcoal into
a jar make sure the jar is big enough..
Charcoal floats in the air and poufs out everywhere
when trying to tap it down to fit a little more...

Okay on to the 5 days and counting....
This is Sunshine.. I have had her since she was 2 weeks old..
 I call her my trial and error goat!
She has survived so far..She will be kidding for the 5th time soon!

Notice her tail.. Her ligaments are softening..
So it looks like her tail is standing up above her pin bones.

Here you can sort of see the dent that is showing at the base of her tail.
 She is not ready yet but getting there..
 Her belly is starting to drop too.
Looking at her hip bones and back toward her head..
When its time her belly will drop and
there will be a big hollow spot right there..


An excellent way to know if birthing will be soon...
If her ligaments are gone it will most likely be with in the next 12 hours.
 Hers are not gone but getting close. She likes to drag things out..
As it is there is still about an inch between my finger and thumb.

This is Molly!
One of Sunshine's twins from 2 yrs ago..
 She had Real Airplane ears and could stand them straight up!
That's what she was doing here. I don't know if she still can.
I do know where she went though.
 

Her triplets from last year...
 She had 2 polled and one horned...
Van is her one horned baby.
You know my totally useless wether!Lol
I don't have any other pics of her previous babies.
It was before DC(Digital camera!)..

 Babies will be here before I know it. Saturday is the Official due date But goats rarely go by our plans! lol They have their own agenda! We will  start checking on them every night before we go to bed and first thing in the morning now.. I wish I had a baby monitor but Kyle said NO... even though he has the pager for the fire department in our room... It would just be for a little bit.... I could find a cheap one some where I am sure...
  Okay that's it for the night! Have a good night all!...
 

10 comments:

Brenda said...

I LOVE the photo of the breakfast lineup! The boys are growing really fast.

I hope everything goes well with your kidding and they don't keep you up all night. I think a baby monitor would be a great idea. I'm thinking about installing a camera out in the barn over the kidding pens. That way I could watch from the house without having to run out to the barn so often to check on them when they're due to kid.

Good job on getting all the herbs organized!

tree ocean said...

Good luck with the kidding! I love the breakfast photo too.

Can't wait to see all those bouncing kids!

Sheryl at Providence Acres Farm said...

I liked the breakfast line up pic best too! Such cute babies. I hope all goes well.

Just a tip on doing things around the home:
"Forgiveness is easier to get than permission."

small farm girl said...

A baby monitor would be a great idea. I would work hard on getting one of those. hehehehe. The babies are looking good. I hope everything goes good for you and all the births.

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

I love the breakfast line up pic too! :) On the charcoal, or anything puffy, put it in, put the lid on, then tap it on the counter to firm down. Let it settle before taking the lid off and putting more in. :) I had carob and cocoa powders floating all over the place before I put the lid on! :) LOL What are you using the activated charcoal for?

Feral Female said...

I just adore the shot of the breakfast line-up!

I`ve considered a baby monitor as well but have yet to actually use one. I`m not sure about the range and if it would work since our barns a good spell from our house.

Linda said...

Well, I am with everyone else - the breakfast lineup was too cute! Really neat!

Thank you for the pictorial description of the 'getting ready to birth' tutorial! I was so confused last year, but hopefully this year will be a breeze! LOL

Anke said...

The breakfast lineup picture is the best - made me laugh out loud.

Rural Rambler said...

Tonia Molly and her airplane ears! Awwwww. Love the breakfast line-up!!

matty said...

What pretty babies! I feel your anxiety. My gals get bred when I don't know it and then I go a month thinking "this is it!" How fortunate you know!

Ebay -- you can find a pretty cheap monitor there! :) (Let me help you down that rabbit hole!)

Can't wait to see the new little ones!