Thursday, February 11, 2010

Some Old Pictures.....

Farm Girls Monkey Bars!!

The 1st big kidding season.
I only had 2 goats at the time.
This was at my parent's who had close to 30 goats.

Kyla climbing trees in the got pasture..

Kara holding Dottie...

Candice and Dottie......

 Dottie and her twin brother...

Dottie Now...
She will be kidding for the 4th time this year.
 I was going through my pics yesterday loading them on to the Digital picture frame we got for Christmas when I came across these pics I had taken for my Pawpaw who lived in Louisiana. I would make movies of the girls for him. He loved it. especially with the animals because he grew up on a farm. Raising their own Everything!! The only thing they used actual money for was to buy clothes and some staples like Flour and sugar. He grew up in the depression. His mother was a school teacher and that's where most of their cash came from. His dad was also sick alot. Not sure what was wrong with him but just that he wasn't physically able to work a lot. He said they were always glad to go to school because that meant they didn't have to work. He was a worker too up until a month before he died he worked! Even after retirement he went Back to work!
   Since I was talking about him I thought I better post a pic...
   This is in the Late 1970's..   My Pawpaw and Mawmaw with me and my brother on their laps. 
   They were the sweetest people.  Years later I have had people tell me, Oh they were just so sweet....

They are still greatly missed by their family.. I remember their laughs. They enjoyed their family so much.
 They weren't perfect by any means.. I am told I act like Mawmaw a lot with the little things I do. She was a talker too! I would say that is where I got it!lol  Some of my earliest memories was sitting on her lap listening to her talk. All three of her daughters laugh alike and its seems to be passed down!lol  I still miss both of them! I watch my girls growing up and think how much they would have enjoyed them. I see my neice and nephews and think the same thing.  My oldest daughter shares her middle name with Mawmaw. One way to remember her and hopefully pass on a little of her love she had for her grandkids to her great grandkids!
Pawpaw would always pat me on the shoulder and tell me I was doing a great job raising my girls.. Memories like that mean the world to me especially now that he is gone..
 She died in February of 1983 and He died in March of 2006. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago...
 Okay I have to get going! I hope everyone has a great day!!

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Great pics. Looking at the late 70's photo of you and your brother on Pawpaw and Mawmaw laps made me realize how much older I am than you. Wow, alot older.

Miss Pickwickian said...

Enjoyed your pictures, especially the ones below of the Nubian kid.

Nubians are the best. :-)

tree ocean said...

Thanks for sharing your memories! I always feel melancholy looking back on the good old days-even pix I hated of myself I think how good I looked!! So when times are tough I think one day I might look back and think how good I had it! LOL

Brenda said...

The girls have sure grown up in the past few years! It looks they've always loved goats.

I remember my grandparents with great fondness quite often too! I am thankful that I got to spend several years with them.

small farm girl said...

It's good you have memories like that of your grandparents. Some people don't even get to know theirs.

Your girls look like they were having fun with those kids. lol