Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Pregnant Ladies.....And a Flying Goat!!!

 One of my 1st fresheners,Mariah!!!
She is getting a Nice little udder started.

Mariah From the Top Side!

My Sunshine..
She has had triplets twice, twins once and a single..
 And maybe a Surprise from Abby, the black & white goat..
I was thinking she wasn't pregnant But she has an udder started!

 No doubt April is Pregnant!

These girls are not just Fluffy!!
 Dottie, Hope and Ethel...


Butt Line up.....


 See the nice Sleek Sasha!!
Because she is NOT pregnant!
 And she Flaunts it!!

My 2 biggest girls from the backside...

Oh the mud....

oOoOoO The Lap Of Luxury!!
 Blurry pic but funny!

His throne..

 Moses taking a FLYING leap!!lol
 Okay its been a little crazy around here... All the pics were taken by me except the last one Kara took it with her new camera. Which she absolutely LOVES!!
 We have had boxes and packages arriving all week. We have new Muck Boots!! Yeah just in time for More nasty weather!!Booo...
 We took the girls shopping yesterday for shoes. Oh Joy.. Did I tell you all how much I HATE shoe shopping?? Well I do especially with my oldest kid GOD LOVE HER!! We have to take back a pair of boots next week when we go for Doctor appointments.. 
 I have more pics of that later...
 My goats have at the Minimum of  27 days till first D-day!! I was so happy to discover that Abby was starting an udder! I thought she hadn't taken and was going to wait till next year to see her offspring.. But Sasha is still not pregnant but that's okay. She had a hard time last year after breaking her pastern. Which it healed Very well! You would never know it now..
 I need to get things together and get hooves trimmed and other things taken care of But the weather is once again going to be Miserable!! More snow forecasted and then windy and cold afterward.. YUCK....
 OH Spring Where Art THOU??? lol Okay theatrics are not my thing...
  Glad you all enjoyed the Does Code of Honor!! It is very very true!!Lol I can just see all of mine sucking up their bellies when they hear the back door!! Then as soon as it shuts they let them out....
 Moses is doing really well. He is about 13 pounds now and growing!! He gets in trouble when he is upstairs for jumping on things and chewing on Everything!Lol He doesn't help with the housekeeping either. Which speaking of the house its a wreck... I hate being gone so much it makes for a messy house.
 I thought I was going to be going a lot more this week. But so far 2 different things have been cancelled or I decided to far for us to go..  Still have doctor appointments Thursday and 4H Goat Camp Saturday!
 Okay thats it for now.... Have a good night all!!

15 comments:

Brenda said...

Moses is too funny with his flying leap! The girls are looking good. It won't be long and you'll have lots of babies to snuggle. Moses may get jealous!

small farm girl said...

Moses is such an athlete! Do they have goat olimpics? Looks like the girls are about ready to pop anytime. I hope you can get pictures. Get ready for more kid hugging.

Linda said...

Moses is very cute! And your ladies are looking really good! I am really wondering how big my Cali will get before she pops, she's still got 6 weeks to go or so...

goatmilker said...

Moses is so cute and that picture is geat. It will be so fun to have new babies to snuggle. Baby goats are just always so much fun. Have a great day Rebekah

Hidden Brook Farm said...

Love Moses The Flying Goat. You are gonna love, love, love those Muck boots. Broke down & bought a pair this fall, no more little warmers stuffed down to keep toes warm....even we dipped in the negative numbers back in Jan. Even walking on icy paths just feel more sure-footed.

tree ocean said...

Great pix! Love the flying goat! That so captures the spirit I love when they do that!

Great Idea putting the water tub on crates to keep it away from the ground!

Ethel looks quite lopsided hope she doesn't have a big one in there! (there I go worrying!)

Laura said...

Its so nice to see so many of us with the same thing on our minds, checking our girls, lol, looking at udders, feeling ligaments, and wondering if we calculated right.
I love the spots on your girls. I really want to get some Nubians.

~Tonia said...

My last pair of Muck boots lasted for about 5 years. They are WELL Worth the $$
Only reason Ethel looks lopsided is because they are pushed up against each other trying to get to the grain!!LOL
We are in the home stretch now for most of them! Its always exciting even after 7 years!!! I cant wait to see what colors I get!

Feral Female said...

Great action shot of Moses! The ladies are looking good!

Texan said...

Now thats a crew of pregnant girls!! :O)...

I was wondering about this developing a udder. I have one doe that is developing an udder and I am so hoping that doesn't mean she is pregnant! She is very young and its is for sure a major OOOPS if she is ...doe they develop udders for other reasons?

and I totally agree when I am gone much the house just gets totally away from me!

~Tonia said...

Occasionally they can develop virgin udders that can produce milk but also they can get a little swollen with their heats. SO maybe your little one has started coming in heat. They can be fertile from about 3 months on.I had 2 get pregnant at 4 months old when my buck got out one year.

Linda said...

Tonia, did they go ahead and have kids? Wondering how that turned out. My buck kept getting in with my does last fall and the youngest one was 4 months. Thankfully she didn't get pregnant, but just wondering how it with with yours...

~Tonia said...

They did just fine but it was a little more stressful for me because I was constantly worried. It slowed down their growth for about a year. One had twins and the other had a single. The twins were actually easier because they were smaller. Ethel my red and white spotted doe that I have posted pics of is one that was pregnant early. She had done well and is an excellent mother. I sold her sister who had the single.

Linda said...

Ah, well it is good to know they did well... thank you.

Texan said...

Thanks you for the info ... I will keep a eye on her... she was with a buck, a little guy who I didn't think could actually get anyone pregnant yet!... I am glad you also posted how that turned out your girls getting pregnant early. Just in case she is pregnant hopefully it will go well for her.
Thank You