Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Playing Like A Goat Kid!!


Of course this isn't playing....
This is everyone pile up and nap....
The house dogs have adjusted to the House goat!

Then Moses is on top of the coffee table....

Then underneath........

He rolled around and chewed his cud
for about 5 minutes under there......


 Then he was Back in his favorite chair!!

 He LOVES his chair....

 Really really loves it..

See him Smiling??
Kyle would say Grinning like a possum eating briar's!

Ahhh Yes nap time again....

 Moses was in rare form today.. He was running and bouncing all over the place!! He would stand up on his back legs and do a bunny hop too.. It was hilarious!! He is getting about 16 oz each feeding now. I did take him down to 3 times a day because he is eating hay. He wouldn't take a whole bottle so this way he takes the whole bottle and then nibbles on hay.. Today he started nibbling on grain! He weighs at least 12 lbs and is about 14 inches tall at the shoulders.. I am so happy with this boy!!   Can't wait to see his future babies!!
  I got a good deal off of Craigslist today!! 50 6' T-post for $2.50 each!! Kyle and his brother went and picked them up for me. Kyle said all nice and straight and barely used!! Saved me at least $2 a post!! Woo Hooo!!! Its about 20 more post than I needed for the perimeter fence and the buck pen also gives me the extra I need for the rotational grazing.. Yeah!No I just need insulators to get the perimeter fence up.. Oh and the fence line cleaned out.. Lol!!
 We have a busy weekend ahead! Thursday is Doctor Appointments for Kyla and Kara for their thyroid check up.. Then I will have 3 extra kids all weekend.. We will all be going to the 4H Goat Camp Saturday. It will be all day long but fun I am sure. We leave here at 6-6:30am and will be there for most of the day! Then come home and pass out!  
  Okay its late and I need to get to bed!!

10 comments:

small farm girl said...

Now, when you say 3 extra kids, do you mean human kids or goat kids? I'm just saying, you never know when it comes to you. hehehehehe

Laura said...

I love the goat and the dogs all piled up together. He has grown so much, he is really a personality.

Barbara said...

I have enjoyed viewing all the pics of Moses. It has been fun watching him grow and all his antics. Wow, the Bass Pro shop in the post before this one is totally cool. We have a Gander Mountain about an hour away. Yes, the snake looked real. Thank again for sharing all the pics.

Feral Female said...

I think Moses gets cuter by the day!

tree ocean said...

Whew I am running behind this am should know to save your blog for afternoon! So great! I can't help it and then I have to comment! LOL Love the pix!

Great news on the posts and good luck at the docs and have a great time at 4H! Ok now to my own chores and off to the farm! Have a great day!

Hidden Brook Farm said...

Great pics of Moses! Love that smile, he looks so happy & content.

Good deal on finding those posts.

Brenda said...

Moses is quite a goat! Or maybe he thinks he's one of the dogs now ... or maybe one of the kids! He is very special!

Great deal on the fence posts! Have fun at goat camp!

Texan said...

Moses is a hoot! He is just cuteness!

matty said...

What a pretty boy! He is just full of himself!

Sheryl at Providence Acres Farm said...

dogs and kid all snuggled together is such a great pic! Just too cute! I am glad he is doing so well!