Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Mamas In Waiting.....


The girls relaxing this morning...


April and Hope(mother and daughter)
April is so massive she makes Hope look small!

These 2 also Hum together..
 If anyone has Nubian's you know when they are pregnant they will hum.
Or most will....
 Some of them get quite loud too.

Dottie is a little wide...

Everyone usually jumps up to see me...
 Nope not right now..
They look at me and go back to chewing their cuds


 And Miss Ethel Still fitting.. sort of into her favorite tub!

 Of course no post would be complete with out a baby pic..
Moses this morning playing!
 His partners in crime behind him...
 I got 2 goat's trimmed up today. Not near as theatrical as yesterday. Sunshine was still leery of me!Lol
I also disbudded the 2 new boys... They sure didn't appreciate it.. Poor babies...
They also came and dumped gravel on our drive!! Yeah! No more muddin' in the van!. haha Of course its all froze right now.Again....... Not much hope for the rest of the week really....
Okay just wanted to share those pics. Have a good evening everyone!

11 comments:

~Tonia said...

Here is your comment Brenda! I hit the WRONG button!! Imagine that!

Brenda has left a new comment on your post "The Mamas In Waiting.....":

Oh, Tonia! I love the photo of Moses dancing! Maybe they'll have a special class this year at the fair for dancing goats!! LOL!

Your girls sure look like they're ready to have those kids. They're getting SO wide. I can almost hear them humming! Liz is the only pregnant Nubian I have left to kid ... I'm going to miss her humming when she kids in a few weeks.

The photo of Miss Ethel is just too funny! This must have been her favorite place when she was a kid and doesn't realize how big she is now!

tberry29 said...

oh Wow! Those poor mamas are huge ; )
Cute pic of the baby dancing..I still like the one of him jumping off the chair (flying)
Never had any goats b4..but since I found your blog I sure want me some!!!

small farm girl said...

Those girls are about ready to POP! Love the Moses pics!!!!

Tina said...

ooooohhh..those mamas make me simply ache with sympathy!
I want to know if Miss Ethel tried to get up and had the tub stuck to her hinney!?
goats in the house...on the recliner...I laugh so hard everytime!

tree ocean said...

Great pix as always! I think the Momma (willow's in bed and can't tell me the doe's name lol I forgot already) looks like three or four in there! wowza!

Sheryl at Providence Acres Farm said...

Wow, those mom's-to-be sure are big!

Jennifer said...

What a cute baby picture! He looks like a bundle of energy!

Those moms to be look like they are as comfortable as can be expected when so big. They remind me of Penny the half Nubian I am watching right now. I expected her to kid yesterday or the day before but I think she was holding out for the coldest night possible! Predicted 16 low tonight! I am watching her close.

Anke said...

WOW, those goat mama's are huge! Moses dancing is hilarious, bet having those 3 little ones in the house is very entertaining.

Rural Rambler said...

Oh Tonia it is just going to be CRAZY around there soon! I know you are going to love it though. Those are some BIG Mama Goats :)

~Tonia said...

Yep it will be a little crazy till they are all done and we get to the routine of spring time! Ahhh fresh MILK!!!
They are big and I expect 2 or more out of most of the older ones since only one has has a single ever.

Texan said...

my goodness your girls are huge LOL... should be lots of babies running around there soon given how big your girls are... must be more than singles coming!