Thursday, February 18, 2010

Just Couldn't Help Myself.......


Meet Jacob!!!

He will be daddy to all No-eared goats born here...
Well not this years but Next year!!


He came from Brenda at Granny's Best 

He is a little bit smaller and younger than Moses.
 Moses is not quite sure what to think!!
But he was happy as long as he got his bottle!

 A girl has claimed him...
Kara is already spoiling him..

 Jacob has great milking genetics, besides being beautiful and I am going to use him on my 3 Lamancha goats starting next year.. I think he is just so striking with the black and a little white.. This is not the only one we are getting.. Saturday I will be bringing home another little boy that we will wether and eventually train with Van to be a cart goat....
 I didn't let Kyle in on what I was thinking(forgot to mention it) till I brought the goat home and Usually I do.. But I figured he would be okay with it... His response was " SO I guess you need a Bigger buck pen?" LOL He loves me... I dont need a bigger pen but it was sweet of him to think of it! LOL
 Anyway just had to share my new goat!! Lol He is much Louder than Moses when he wants to be! But just adorable!! Moses was proving he was still my baby by jumping my lap!! But he now has a friend to snuggle with! So I don't have to worry about him not thinking he is a goat..... I have TWO that will think they are people!!

14 comments:

Linda said...

Jacob is really cute, cute, cute! (sadly they both have to grow up!)

Rina ... also Chester or Daisysmum. said...

Oh my you in for some trouble alright but they so cute, I truely understand you just had to get him. Daisy wishes her Dad would say yes to a little friend.

Brenda said...

I'm SO glad Kyle is okay with the extra boys! Jacob is a good name for him. It looks like he's already made himself at home! - Thanks for the help today!

tree ocean said...

He is CUTE!!!! wow! I am glad you got a second one! Poor moses looks a little miffed in that pic! and his chair?!?! But it is so much nicer to keep at least two together and you can always rent them out for breeding.

48! Wow that IS summer for here....LOL

Rural Rambler said...

Tonia you are so funny! You've got it bad. Jacob is darling :)

~Tonia said...

Yep Linda Unfortunately Both Moses and Jacob will be stinky ole boys by fall.. Then I will still be able to pet on them BUT I may be highly offensive smelling afterwards!!lol
Rina- Every goat needs a friend or 3 or 10!!Lol
Brenda, Kyle even petted on him! But how can you not when they are sooo cute!
Tree That would be one reason I live in Missouri!! 48 is NOT summer temps!Lol
RR-I have looked at Goataholics Anonymous but I like my "problem" Lol SO decided against attending!Lol
Thanks everyone I thought he was pretty striking myself. The little buck/wether coming home is a handsome boy too. Of course I will have pics after we get him home!

small farm girl said...

Boy, you have your hands full now. Or should I say a house full! lol

~Tonia said...

Actually this is nothing compared to last year! I had up to 12 bottle lambs and goats in the House. It was at the farm we managed last year and the owner wanted le to let Nature take its course and NOT have bottle babies. But I could Not just let those babies die when it wasnt their fault to begin with and There was nothing wrong with them...
But its really fun with just a few of them!

Tina said...

oh I just wanna snuggle him all up!!
He's so cute...no ears and all!
So you too prefer goat pens to diamonds?! TrapperDude said he wished I did like diamonds 'cause they were less work then building fence!!!!

~Tonia said...

Definitely prefer Goat pens to Diamonds!! Diamonds are little I would lose them Real Quick!!LOL

Nezzy said...

OOoooo, he's so sweet! It makes me want one....then reality smacks me in the face and I realize I don't need anything else to take care of here on the Ponderosa!

God bless and have a fun weekend!!!

Texan said...

OH my Jacob is real cute...love his color!!

I know the just couldn't help myself story... been there done that LOL ...

Leigh said...

He is so cute!

A Joyful Chaos said...

So cute! Baby goats are so much fun! It's been years since we last had any but I can always dream.