Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Its......Soooo.........Bright........

The SUN!!! I had forgotten.....



My new sign in the kitchen......hehe


The Copasure cookies for the goats....
Two out of TEN ate it willingly....
The rest will have to do things the hard way!
They love molasses any other time are eating it as fast as possible.
But not this time....

Everyone but Moses in the house and
Sasha begging for food right in front of me!




Warning next 2 pics contain
 Goat Boobs and Hineys!!


Mariah is developing a Really nice udder!!
 She is a First Freshener and
I think will be one of the first to have babies!


Sunshine pulling her usual stunts when it comes to kidding.
Her udder has started.
 She has had Goo on her back end for about a week now.
She usually goes 3-4 weeks like this. Her Ligaments are even softening.
But she likes to drag things out....
 I think she likes the late night visits when I check on her 2 times a night.
Then she has them first thing in the morning...
 Everything is progressing well for my pregnant ladies. They think they are starving of course when I was pregnant with my twins I felt like I was starving all the time too.. Lol  I am excited and still haven't gotten everything done.. but maybe with the sun coming out for 2 days in a row I will be a little more energetic!!
We shall see.....
  We attended a funeral today of a very dear man in our church.. The last time I talked to him he was asking me about my goats! He loved to hear the girls talk about them. When I posted pics about our new house last June on Facebook they were one of the first to tell us How happy they were for us.
 He was a special person, him and his wife!  They were like two teenagers in love.. They were always encouraging to everyone. He was our church secretary for 17 yrs till he retired last year. He was a very detail oriented person. I would work on different things around the church decorating and stuff. I always had to bring him receipts and such. He was Always positive..  When I was working on the Easter Drama props over the years he would be one of the first to tell me "Good Job"! He had a candy dish on his desk for all the kids that came through the office Big and Little!! That's one of the things my girls remember because they were getting candy from there since they were barely walking!
 Him and his wife were Dorm parents at an orphanage for about a year at one time and then they moved back here. They are/were just to sweet.. I cant imagine being in his wife's shoes now trying to learn to live with out him.. They have a beautiful family that I am sure will be a comfort to his wife... He was also a veteran and served for 3 years in Vietnam. He will be buried tomorrow with Full Military Rites.... He will be greatly missed...
  Moses had his first trip outside today. He couldn't quite figure out what those big 4 legged things were!! The girls basically ignored him but VAN DID NOT!! He didn't like the competition! lol He came up on his back legs like he was going to go after him but Moses was protected and Van is all bark and no bite!lol He came running in the house to me like WHHHOOOAAAA what was all that!?!?! Lol And can you believe I forgot to get pics??
 It was sooo nice to see the sun and it looked so warm from inside till you stepped out the door... Then brrrr!
 But its suppose to be 48* tomorrow!! Wooo Hooo!
 I hope everyone has a good night!

12 comments:

Juli said...

That's just what I said this morning, It's so bright! and it was soooo nice. Tomorrow is supposed to be even nicer.

Good lucking with the kiddings, your herd and place look wonderful :)

Brenda said...

Maraih's udder is looking good! I think she'll have an even better udder than her mother. Her sire has great milking genetics too! I am so excited to see her babies!

We've enjoyed the sunshine today too. My goats were sunbathing most of the day!

Best wishes and prayers to the family who lost their loved one.

Linda said...

The sun, yes! Here too the last couple of days. It's even got up in the 60's!!!

I love your new sign! That is great!

I thought the bolus were not supposed to be chewed?

How do you acclimate Moses to the outside? My oldest doe is very pregnant and hates the little doeling - *sigh*

Rural Rambler said...

Tonia sorry you and your church and community lost such a good man.

You are going to be even more crazy busy soon! The top shot of the sun, oh yeah!!! We had some sun here too but only made it up to 40 but I am NOT complaining. We still have alot of snow on the ground and maybe a little more snow and rain coming Friday.

Enjoy your Missouree day today!

tree ocean said...

Van has horns?!?!?

Poor little Moses won't know what to do with goats!

Sorry about your loss sounded like a very special person. :(

The snow missed us totally! Hope your weather keeps improving!

Gail said...

Heat wave coming, sunshine and new babies on the way, what could be more perfect!?

~Tonia said...

Yep Tree Van has Horns Because he was suppose to go to the freezer!! Freezer babies usually are butchered at a year old so no need to disbud.... But you know Van is special!.... As long as he doesnt use his horns for bad he can keep them. I havent ever seen him use them to hurt anyone else.
Lidna I take him out a little at a time... Then I will eventually leave him out for a little while..
If I was trying to incorporate them into the hed I would make sure they had a place to hide from the big ones. Like under a feed trough. If I am out there and they go to beat up on them I either give them a shove int he shoulder with a Loud no OR I carry a water spray bottle and squirt them in the nose while telling them no..
I had one biting the younger ones ears all the time. She knows her name so If I seen her trying to get their ears I would Tell her no...She now looks longingly at their poor ears BUT leaves them alone!
Thank you everyone! Yes its fixing to get a little crazy around here but it will be done and over before I know it!

Linda said...

Thank you Tonia, I will try the squirt bottle idea. We are going to make a creep so Rosie can get away from the bullies...

Missouri Gal Nicole said...

Your sign is hysterical!
I'd love to visit your farm and learn about goats. Can't wait to see your baby goats!

Texan said...

I feel for the gentlemens' wife... I cannot even imagine my life without honeyman...26 yrs isn't much compared to the number I am sure they were married...but enough for me to know... oh how I love this man I am married to...he is my world :O)...I am glad she has family to help her thru :O)...

Moses will have a bit of an adjustment won't he when he goes out full time...

and those girls will wait till you least it expect and pop those kids out!! tee hee :O)...

Hope you get all girls and twins tee hee :O)... I am tickled pink with my Sugarcube for giving us just that!! :O)...

Feral Female said...

Love your kitchen sign! The girls are looking good and so is the sunshine!

~Tonia said...

Oh and on the bolus the reason its in a bolus is its going to be impossible for them to take it plain and it wont suck up into a drencher. It doesnt hurt for them to get it in a "cookie". But I did have to put it into smaller pills and used a sheep/goat bolus gun on the rest of them..
Texan I expect more than twins from at least 3 of them if not 5... 3 of them had triplets last year. One has Always had triplets and I have her daughter in my little herd. So we will see...:)