Monday, February 22, 2010

Fighting For the Throne!

But first the smallest, Bruce.
But don't tell him he thinks he is Big!

Bruce thinks he can take Jacob....
But he cant even get up in the chair yet!lol

Moses getting Defensive..

Jacob Pushing back...


Moses is getting serious now!


Moses is still the king here!Lol

 Its rather entertaining around here lately with the 3 babies! Moses thinks he is still small enough to fit in my lap!lol They are all 3 doing very well.  The smallest is a little ornery!Lol He cant butt them back but he occasionally gets a nip at Moses ears!!lol 
 I trimmed 2 sets of hooves this morning. If I do 2 a day I will be done by Friday. I did one fo the worse today. Sunshine is due in about 2 weeks and gets really untouchable and suspicious when she is this far along. About a day before she kids though she will start hollering at me occasionally and watching the back door for me.. She likes the fact that I am running out to check on her ever 2 hours!Lol She is the herd queen too. Anyway when I was trimming her hooves she basically sat in my lap and being so far long she is no light weight! It wasn't a gentle leaning either. It was a ticked off "take that you mean lady" Plop into my lap!!
   Abby was the other one I trimmed on. She was just the opposite as soon as I was done she acted like she would just love to curl up in my lap and she kept looking over my shoulder and rubbing on my arm! Silly girl!
So I got a work out this morning! I didn't get any where on the spring cleaning.. Its COLD again! The peepers got my hopes up... Stinkin Frogs! lol I know it cant last much longer.. I have been saying that for a month now.. Just a little while longer.... Good Night All!

13 comments:

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

I think the goats in the house are too cute!! :) And everytime I see your tulip header picture I smile. We just got 8+ inches of snow dumped on us. You sure Spring is coming? Hubs keeps joking with me that we are heading into an ice age. THAT IS NOT FUNNY! ;) Glad you got hooves trimmed! Sounds like fun work! :)

Brenda said...

The boys are sure growing fast! Moses will probably maintain his kingly position too! When Jacob gets a little bigger, he'll give Moses more of a challenge. I can imagine the fun with all three of them playing in the house!

Barbara said...

The goats are so adorable.

Deborah said...

Brenda, It is so cute to see baby goats at play. Your boys are just being boys. LOL I am sure you are right, when they get older things will get a little bit more lively. I was wondering what you used to feed your babies. What type of nipple do you use, from the pictures it looks like a baby bottle. I have heard others mention using soda bottles. I am trying to find something my babies will take too, not being too successful.

Have a great day at play!

~Tonia said...

Jennifer I have to wonder about spring!!LOL 8 inches?!?!? I think I would cry!

Brenda Its a bit like controlled chaos.. eh Who am I kidding its not the least bit controlled!lol

Deborah, Brenda is over at Granny's Best... I am Tonia here ;)..
I start the little ones off on a regular baby bottle and then once they start taking more then I switch them to the Pritchert nipples that attach to the soda bottles.
But the little ones take a smaller amount 4-5 times a day usually around 6-8 ounces till they start really going. The 2 bigger boys are taking 16-20 ounces at a time now. Fixing to bump Jacob up to 20 ounces since he is finishing all of his bottle in no time.
Bruce the younger is finishing his 8 ounces so I will move him up to a little more soon.

Deborah said...

Tonia, I am so sorry for the name mix up. Realized it after I hit post comment. :-0 I love reading both of your's blogs and you both comment on each other's so often. I guess in my mind I see you as sisters, or one in the same. It is wonderful that you have someone so close that you can share with on such a personal level.

Red in the face,
Deborah

~Tonia said...

Thats Okay! Brenda and I are good friends and I am not offended in the least bit!!! :)

tree ocean said...

Jacob looks like a little bulldog in that next to last pic! And he looks so sad in the last one! They love to play King of the hill, don't they?

I got one set of hooves done this week ugh. So slimy in the thaw I did it out back under the pines with the morning hay. How do you sharpen you hoof clippers?

~Tonia said...

Myolder goats still play it outside over a Small pile of rocks!Lol
I used a dremel tool to sharpen my old ones. When they finally fell a part I broke down and bought a pair of the orange handled ones from Jeffers Livestock.. I have yet to have to sharpen them. I used them on all the goats at the farm plus mine.. Of course owner of the farm Swears I did not Ever trim hooves but I have witnesses and proof.. Anyway... Lol
They are well worth the money and if you just have a few goats will last for a long time..

Sheryl at Providence Acres Farm said...

I love reading about your goats! I want a few myself, soon, maybe. The three babies are priceless!

I am hoping for an early spring too. So much to do out there as soon as the ground thaws! Waiting, waiting, waiting...

Texan said...

I keep saying the same thing can't be much longer till spring comes and stays... the poof its snowing here again today!! I am just not believing it.. ;O(...

Tina said...

I am rolling all over the couch!! THREE GOATS in the house!!! And lap goats at that! Maybe I should get BigD one of his own so he can have a buddy to share the recliner with over the next few months!!
Lap goats...who knew??

Jennifer said...

They are just too cute! Loved the pictures.