Wednesday, February 3, 2010

All Fun and Games!!!

Farmopoly... Its fun but long like the original..
I am thinking the timed version is best...

Moses defending his Chair!!!
Against the fuzzy thing..

He won!

Now its nap time....... He is a baby you know...


 Moses is doing great. I increased his bottle to the 12-14 oz 4 times a day.. He doesn't take the full amount every time but a good portion of it. First thing in the morning he usually takes all of it.. He has hay available to him now which he nibbles at. But dis-budding is coming up.. I said I was going to do it Yesterday.. Well I didn't but I cant put it off any longer.... I hate this part but horns are dangerous to the people and other goats.. They are not in the wild and don't need them to defend themselves. Its just a few seconds and we are done. But its just syking myself up for it..
 I also need to get on with hoof trimming for my older girls along with their CD&T shots... After the 7th of this month I will start giving them the Red Raspberry since they are getting close to time... time for what? BABIES!! yeah!! I cant wait... Then its on to milking... Ahh good milk too.. That also means I need to get my barn cleaned out and some other things done to get ready..
 I have another stainless steel milk tote on its way from Hoeggers Goat Supply. I have one already and it gets used for milking and in the winter it makes a good water tote with a tight fitting lid that wont spill all over. It looks the same as when I bought it 3 years ago. I like using glass and stainless steel for all my milking equipment. It cleans easy and of course doesn't hold germs can be easily sterilized. Especially if you have a dishwasher.. I do miss my dishwasher for that part.. Bright, shiny clean jars with little to No effort.......
 I am ready to spring clean but have yet to get the actual energy to do it...
 We had packages today! We got the camera cards Before the camera!! Also set for wormers from Jeffers and heat lamp bulbs.  Abby the hamster has a new cage and is loving the tubes!!
 Okay I get to make pizza and girls are going to Nana and Grampie's for the night and Math with Nana tomorrow so I get a little relaxing time..

5 comments:

small farm girl said...

He's getting so big! I bet you can't wait on the milk to come.

tree ocean said...

I thought he looked like he grew a lot, too! You know I love my goats with horns, but with all of yours done he has to be done, too! Good luck with it!

ooh packages! sounds like fun~and a dishwasher sounds great, too! :D

Brenda said...

Moses is hilarious! I'll bet the dogs will be glad when he's too big to stay in the house !! LOL!! I can't quit laughing at his photos!

Enjoy your quiet time!

Deborah said...

Tonia, please tell me what the red raspberry is for. How do you give it to your goats? I can feel your pain in the waiting game for babies. We too are watching and waiting. At least you have Moses to help pass the time in the meantime. He is growing fast!

Feral Female said...

We`re playing the waiting game here for babies as well, so I can sympathize. Moses is a real corker!

And I too am wondering where my spring cleaning energy has gone...I know it was around here somewhere.