Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Goat that Started It All....


Come Back HERE!
Originally uploaded by SimplelifeHaHa

I was trying to add this picture to my blog but it wont let me from Flickr... Unless I do it this way... SO we will see...
Anyway The momma goat in the picture is Polly! My mom got her at the salebarn(know better now!) and she survived everything we did wrong along with a little Boer buck. This was her second kidding with our Dottie who we still have and will be 4 years old. Unfortunately Polly died the next year when she was having quads. It was horrible.
Those girls are of course my 3 girls... They were 8 and 9 there... It goes so quick....

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Time does seem to go by fast. You've made lots of good memories ... and learned lots from the tough times. I'm glad we're goatie friends!

Flat Creek Farm said...

What a cute photo, and great memory! -Tammy

Feral Female said...

Cute pic! We do seem to learn as we go in life don`t we? Thanks for sharing the memory!

Rural Rambler said...

Nice photo and memory. Nice to see Polly that got you started with all your goaties! We have Polly to thank too, because we get to read and see your goaties :)

Nezzy said...

Wat a cute picture of the goat takin' ya'll down memory lane.

Have a terrifically blessed day!!!

Gail said...

Goats, girls and wonderful memories. What can be greater than that. I love how you mentioned the first ones survived...know that feeling.