Thursday, December 3, 2009

Winter........

Has arrived... Not just by the cold weather and brief snow can you tell... But the piles of hats and gloves on top of the freezer that I am always saying I am going to figure out a way to organize them.....

Here is where all the coats, hoodies and jackets hang up at... I am convinced it multiplies!!! You cant have just one coat.. You gotta have a hoodie to go under that coat.. You may get to warm in the barn and have to shed your coat for a few but you dont want to be out in shirt sleeves... So you have a hoodie.. Then you have hats. Gotta keep that head and those ears covered... 
Dont forget the gloves its hard to open gates with frozen fingers!!


The egg jackpot today! Its so nice to have a steady supply once again!
The fire going full blast all day! I was wishing for a stainless steel coffee pot that you use for camping. I could have made one heck of a cup of coffee on the stove today!. 16* is the low tonight and 19* tomorrow night!! Can you say frostbite? lol
 
 I didnt mean to mislead but we are going to a rabbit show Saturday but will not be showing anyone. This is a field trip to see how the show works.. Maybe next time we will be showing!!  Oh and they are calling for a winter storm first of next week!! Yikes!! I am sooo not ready.. Well I am as in have hay and the animals are all snug but I am not ready for going out to water, draining the hose and the everyday stuff that seems to take longer when its freezing outside!!
 Good night everyone!

5 comments:

tree ocean said...

Oh I misunderstood about the show cos of the goat showing you have done...will be fun just to go watch and not have the showing stress!

So glad we had warm day yesterday but your cold is coming our way and I don't want it either!!!

I have the same winter stuff problem and also with our shoes by the door!! Then the wet stuff gets hung by the stove so both ends of the house have a mess!

Barbara said...

Same here, coats and hoodies at the back door. Great pictures of the fire.

Carolyn said...

Good think you are checking out the show first.

I had never been to a goat show before I showed my first kid. It was a little intimidating.

Brenda said...

The coats and stuff pile up by the back door here too! Coming in from the barn they usually have hay stuck somewhere on them ... so they usually get left by the back door.

The eggs look good! I wish I could find where my hens are laying. I had to buy eggs at the store yesterday.

Stay warm!

small farm girl said...

Tonia, what is YOUR trick to get eggs in the middle of winter?