Thursday, December 24, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

 I am sitting here drinking my morning coffee. Then its up to do the last of the baking! We are having homemade Pizza tomorrow along with other goodies!! It will be the 5 of us at home.We started this Several years ago and it works very well for us. We have already had Christmas with my side of the family and we are going to Kyle's side Saturday. His mom is making Lasagna this year!YUM!!
 I am so thankful for my husband and my girls. I am so blessed. We don't do much for Christmas presents and this year is extra slim. But that's Okay! We love being together.  I hear of families breaking up this last week and its just so sad and heartbreaking! One family was someone who you would think had it all together! God's Mercy and Grace over our family life is just so amazing.. I am so blessed....
 Well anyway... Our big plan is to watch all 3 Lord Of The Ring movies!lol I have the fixings for punch that is Very good! Eggnog is in the frig if I can keep the eggnog lovers out of it till tomorrow!! I am making more sugar cookies and some truffles(gotta have chocolate).
 I was able to find some good deals yesterday! I was so excited!lol It was crazy in Walmart though!! People were so grumpy and I don't know how many times I almost got ran over by a cart! I was glad that was the only time I had to go in there. I do Not Like walmart and avoid it as much as possible!
 We usually don't get gifts on my side of the family. My parents buy for the grand-kids and she cooks for all of us. They would rather us spend on the kids. But this year I made cookies and heating pads filled with corn that you heat in the Microwave. We love those. They work good for all sorts of things. You can also use rice but I think the whole corn works better..
  I fixed up a gift bag for my parents and one for my  brother and his family. They thought it was great. My brother and sister-in-law got us a digital picture frame!! Its soooo cool! It will hold up to 3000 pics of a certain size!. Oh yeah we can use that! It has a remote too. I put a few pics on it to try out but need my other PC back before I put more pics on it!
 Oh and we are suppose to get SNOW!! We are right on the line between the predicted 4-8 inches and 1-3 inches! So we will see! Also there is an Ice storm warnings out! Yikes!! It doesn't quite reach us but its not very far away.  So I hope everyone stays safe and warm!
Merry Christmas Everyone!

12 comments:

Debbie said...

Merry Christmas Tonia to you and your family! Wishing you many blessing in 2010...

Debbie

Down On The Farm said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours. Yes, you are very blessed, as am I. We know the true meaning of Christmas and it is JESUS!

Brenda said...

Merry Christmas, Tonia - to you and your wonderful family! You are truly Blessed!

The digital photo frame sounds so cool! I think this was the perfect gift for you.

Rural Rambler said...

Hi Tonia! Sounds like a wonderful Christmas at your house, family and good food and the feelings of being blessed and thankful for your blessings. CH and I are blessed too and we are very thankful.

Merry Christmas to you and your family from our little family of two! Oh and Tonia I hope we get off easy with the winter storm, we are in the same path. I just wanted a few flurries for Christmas, just a teeny bit of white :)

Mary said...

Merry Christmas, Tonia.

We are having a simple Christmas here too. I also feel very blessed.

I think God teaches us many things during lean times.

Gail said...

Sounds like wonderful plans.

Merry Christmas.

tree ocean said...

Have a happy healthy safe and beautiful Christmas with your family!

Bethany said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! God's blessings to you all.

~Bethany~

John said...

Merry Christmas.

By popular demand I made your truffles again for Christmas.

May God bless you and your family with His joy.

Anke said...

Tonia, wishing you and your family a blessed, joyous and merry Christmas. Enjoy being with your family!
We're having home made pizza today, too. :-)

Feral Female said...

Merry Christmas from our farm to yours Tonia!


Feral

Kelle said...

Merry Christmas Tonia and family,
We opened gifts last night with our children. Tpday is just laid back and relaxing, grazing on leftover ham, whole wheat rolls, mashed taters and gravy. Plus all the sweet goodies.

We got a couple new DVD's, so are enjoying them today.

We don't exchange gifts as adults, but the kids get gifts for us. Mike helped Cortney do something really special, I lost a small diamond from my wedding ring, a year ago. They snuck it out to be replaced and repaired. I'm thrilled to be able to ahve my ring back to wear!

Cortney also put together a portfolio of her best drawings and gave it to Mike and I, I couldn't have asked for a better gift, so special and from her heart.


Blessings,
Kelle