Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Classified Ad.......(This is all in FUN and I well let him read it!Lol)



 Up for grabs is One Husband with a major case of Cabin fever!!! LOL Just for a little while! He is driving me nuts! Not to mention everyone else.. Yes I am cracking here! Or was I already a bit crazy..
 To date
 *He has helped me get all the animals ready for winter..Great
 * Then he cut wood.... Excellent. Gotta have wood...
 *Then he worked on cleaning up the old barn in the corner of the yard..
 *Organized his garage...
 *Goes to the Fire Department and works on stuff..
 * Helped his brother build a shed..
 * Helped his mom Fill the shed...
 *Fixed the brakes on the van.....
 *Organized the garage again!
 * Drives the kids nuts..
 * He went and got Cedar for me to decorate for Christmas..Gotta Love a helpful man..
 * Cut more wood.. yep its a good thing...
 * Escaped the Honey-do list for a day or two here and there... I forgive him Lol
 And assorted other things BUT
 He is now making a Bull whip... I am in full support of "little" hobbies that are fun.. But a bull whip should be tried OUTSIDE!! Not in the house!! He is terrorizing Tink and Belle, the inside dogs just with the noise.. They keep hiding under the desk, under my chair or in my lap!Lol Ah well he has taught himself a new skill and the dogs have figured out he is really not a threat!Lol!
 He tries to help with cooking and makes a horrible mess that we have to clean up! I tried finding things outside for him to do and then it gets so cold it hurts... So I felt sorry for him and let him back inside after unlocking the door! LOL
 He is really feeling the time off not just money wise.. Everyone else had their turn being laid off this summer and the company kept him working all summer. They as in the company thought it would only be a few weeks at the most. But between the weather and the committee making the decisions its been twice as long.. He doesn't do well unemployed for long.. 
 Lol Okay this was all in fun I promise! I am rather attached to him! He is truly the love of my life and perfect for me.. It takes alot to put up with me and my crazy ideas I think. Lol It really has been harder on him than me I think.. Just the inactivity and the lack of money... The girls and I haven't varied much from our normal routine but his vacation routine has gotten old.. He usually would have some kind of extra work but those types of jobs are few and far between right now..
 One thing is he has been able to go on calls with the first responders and Fire department. He will be taking the 1st responders class sometime in January. He is really excited about all of that..
 So anyway It is about 12* outside with a windchill of -2*!!!! All the animals seem to be doing okay. We are toting warm water to them twice a day. There isn't many to be taking the warm water too. They do enjoy it!! The goats got a little molasses in theirs too. They really like that!!
 Soooo I am done here... I will have to let Kyle read it and see what he thinks... Haha... He is one of my most faithful readers.

13 comments:

Anke said...

Our garage needs to get cleaned up and organized... :-)

Feral Female said...

Oh Tonia that sounds SO familiar! We love our hubbies dearly but they can find some of the craziest things ( at least from our feminine POV`s) to do to pass the time.

Mine at the moment is doing a European mount for a buddy of his. So every evening he brings in this boiled deer skull, plunks it down on some newspaper and begins picking flesh....I shudder and push my nose further into my romance novel! =)

Even with boiled deers skulls I wouldn`t trade him for the world!

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

LOL :) I am there with you Tonia! My hubs is laid off right now too and I can relate. Today I am sending him to a town an hour away to get pink M&M's. No joke...I need them to make Cowgirl Cookie jar gifts as gifts for the ladies at the school! And I'll have him hit the Aldi's there too for the dry goods to make them. And the UPCO for some critter worm medicine. He is the best at errand running! We are on snow day three off of school...maybe I'll send the kids with him and pull a few hours of much needed peace and quiet! :) LOL I love them all to pieces, but sometimes there is such a thing as to much of a good thing! :) LOL

Heather said...

Ha Ha! Is that what I have to look forward to when we finally get moved up there? Probably so! Thanks for the funny post!

Nezzy said...

There's nothin' worse than a Hubby underfoot when your trying to get something accomplished. Try sending Indiana Jones out to the barn to practice his maneuvers!!!

You have yourself one terrifically blessed day!!!

Kelle said...

Okay, just in fun! You forgot a price in your ad. We could use some help here, Mike is so busy with his job, nothing much seems to get done around here. When he does finally get a day off, something always seems to happen at the store and he's gone*sigh* Now don't get me wrong, we are VERY thankful for his job, but we got spoiled before he changed to this job 2 yrs ago. The old job he worked four, ten hour shifts and we had three day weekends, now if he get a day off, besides Sundays, once every two weeks we're lucky.

I understand the humor in your ad, once when Mike was laid off and before starting a new job, be about drove me nuts. We lived in the city then, so not much to do and it was in December, so you can only do so much outdoors. PTL, he was only out of work for less than a month.

I know, you know this, but you are truly blessed to have such a hard working dedicated husband and father for your girls. So many women aren't so blessed.

Blessings for your Christmas,
Kelle

goatlady said...

JI been wanting to ask you what does that goat have in it's mouth? looks like a shoelace or wire.

~Tonia said...

Thank you everyone for taking this post in the spirit of humor it was wrote in!!Lol
The goat in my header picture has a piece of hay in her mouth. She finds any stemmy stuff and chews on it.

Gail said...

I'll take him...but just til he gets things organized then you have to take him back.

small farm girl said...

Tonia, try it for a whole year. That's how long my hubby has been laid off. AAAAGGGGHHHHH! I can't wait till he can find a job, so I can have a vacation. hehehehe

kestrel said...

I think you are super lucky - a hubby that does all that is a treasure. Just ignore the rest and thank God he is home with the family

Mrs. Bee said...

Okay I feel SO kuch better now that I have seen that picture: I am NOT the ONLY WIFE whose hubby sites his rifle in from the kitchen table...I mean it was raining outside and he needed to do it...so we wore ear plugs, opened the slding door to the backyard and put out a target...I mean, isnt that how a good wife is suppose to accomodate her best friend?!
Funnier than that is that the "paint" on the rifle is the same as TrapperDude's! Huh...looks like him too...'cept he is about all white headed now!!
With all this rain, Trapper is home often...thank goodness he doesn't want to bring the Harley in the house and takes it to the shop....I dunno, I guess if he didn't have a shop.....I'll be prayin' he gets back to work soon...and that you keep a sense of humor till then!

~Tonia said...

Lol Mrs.Bee! Thankfully he hasnt everuy actually shot itIn the house. He had a bore sighter on it. SO no shooting necessary!lol
I do have to say after 15 years in Construction this is the Longest stretch of time he has been laid off at once.. One year he was off for 17 weeks But its was spread out over the year...