Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Peace And Quiet Is Over.....

The kids are home! Lol They spent the weekend at Nana and Grampies. Kyle and I had the weekend to ourselves. It was thoroughly enjoyed.. We went for a drive yesterday and it was a beautiful day. I found this at a yard sale....

They had it marked for $15 and I got it for $8!! It is so comfortable I may move it into the house! It needs some cleaning and it had a chip out of one side but sturdy..



All of the baby bunnies are back outside. The little ones have a good little coat started and are like little heaters! Momma Rabbit Dot seemed to be very happy to be back outside. I had to use the VetRX on her a few times as her breathing sounded a little funny. I figured it was probably the heat in the house bothering her. She is doing fine outside.

We tried cleaning out a fence line today and couldn't get the leaves to burn!! Then the wind picked up and so we gave up. We are going to start a bigger compost pile behind the old rock barn. We are going to add the brush pile to it then put the 2 smaller piles into along with some more stuff the goat barn. The fence line had alot of Rose of Sharon bushes, Poison Ivy, buck brush and things of that nature. Right in the yard. A lot of trash too from the last people...
We are hoping to clean it out and the fence is decent there. Field fencing Not barbed wire. Its like that all the way around the front of the lot too. So we will probably clean it out real well and then fix fence. Make it work for the goats till we can get good stuff! Like 2X4 Horse fencing!!! That the chickens wouldn't be able to go through either... Nothing but snakes,bugs and mice would be able to go through it for that matter!! But it is expensive!.. I am adding it to my wish list....

I have read the Total Money Makeover book by Dave Ramsey I won on a giveaway.... Thank You! Jennifer at http://thisandthathomestead.blogspot.com/ Its interesting.. We have already done some of the things in the book.. Except for the emergency fund and we have just now bought a house... We don't have credit cards(learned our lesson) and we pay cash only for our cars.. Have for years! I also keep a budget. I like his ideas. I am going to have to go through it again.. Of course that emergency fund would come in handy right about now when we are 8 weeks into a temporary layoff!! It would be really good for some one with a lot of debt and that do not know how to budget. My mom taught me how to budget a long time ago.. Its sticking to it that helps! Lol Okay anyway...
We get the fun of cleaning out the goat barn sometime this week. Its also suppose to actually be cold in the 40's for highs and 20's for lows!! Yikes! We will have to drain the hose for sure this week! Everyone have a great night!

13 comments:

Gail said...

I am not looking forward to the freezing temps. I have so much more to do before the cold gets here.

Still working on fencing the floods washed out and the extension pasture we are doing.
Since hubby and I both work full time, it is hard to get it all done. I think even if we were here all the time, it would be hard to finish.

I forgot a farmer's work is never done!

Mount Belly Mama said...

I love that book too! I consider credit cards the same as gambling. Just another way to dig a hole.

Those bunnies are CUTE!

small farm girl said...

I have been meaning to get that book. As soon as I can get the money. lol. The bunnies are getting big! The grow sooooo fast.

sfg

Heather said...

I agree! We no longer have a credit card and the only debt we have is the farm. And if we can sell our city house, then we can pay that off too! We really like money matters too. Thanks for sharing!

Barbara said...

Hello, The Bunnies are so adorable! You may have already mentioned but, Please tell me what kind of Bunny that is?

I have not read the Total Money Makeover but will look for it at the Libary. Being that I am now unemployed I am sticking to a very tight budget. Actually doing really good on my budget. Better that when we both worked and just spent, spent, spent with no budget.

Have a Wonderful Day!

Carolyn said...

I love that Ramsey guy. I've read his books and implemented many of his systems. It really helps when you are trying to live on next to nothing!

The rocking chair is divine. I love it.

Feral Female said...

We have one lone credit card for emergencies here, having learned our lesson early in our married lives as well. Our cars are paid for and we only have 3 more house payments!
)
I`m not looking forward to the bitter cold either, but it`s coming despite how much I may talk badly against it I suspect! =

tree ocean said...

Love the rocking chair and the chair Kyle made came out so nice he should make some to sell! Put them on Craig's list!

The bunnies are so cute the momma's don't mind they have been visiting with a strange bunny? I never would have thought to let them together but they look so happy! Like baby goats, I guess...the more the merrier!

~Tonia said...

Since we are just getting the house thing started I was really interested in what he had to say about that..
Feral female that is one thing in this book he gives you a way to have emergency money so you dont have to worry about it. His 3-6 month emergency fund would be really nice to have in place.. Once Kyle gets back to work I am going to start working on it. He just has to go back to work and we will have to get caught up...Lol

~Tonia said...

The baby rabbits do okay like that.. You can actually foster baby rabbits very easy..Just stick them in with the other litter and you have aone foster baby... now some moms arent that great and may not be good foster moms.
I have found tht after about a week you can pretty much handle the babies and do whatever with them and mom really doesnt care to much. Some people will even take the box out over night and put them back in the morning. I dont do that because one of our momma rabbits gets beside herself when we move the box to much. We handle mom and babies quite a bit so maybe thats part of it. I think when mom feels threatened they tend to have more problems...
Thanks Tree!! I love the rocking chair.. I have seen some like this that Kyle would have had to do lots of fixing on and they wanted a lot more than $8 for it more like $50!!

Ryan said...

The steps that Ramsey and Crown describes have worked great for us all three times in the past three years that we have had to use it.

http://www.daveramsey.com/media/pdf/fpu_babysteps.pdf

And honestly after not following the steps well the first time we needed it I can say it worked better when we did do it in the order and amounts he says.

kristi said...

Nice find on that rocker! I love a good bargain:)I don't know much about rabbits but those are quite cute:)

kestrel said...

That was a great buy and looks so comfortable. The bunnies look as if you have put mascara on them!!