Sunday, November 1, 2009

November 1st.....

We still have green grass... But since my fence charger went bad only the chickens get to take advantage of it.. Goats don't care they have good hay with lots of red clover in it!!
There was some neat stuff in this pic but it didn't show... There were spider webs floating off all the branches and through the air..

Some of them show here.. It was smoky to from some one burning across the road.. As I was watching the spider webs blow on the wind I could help but think of Charlotte's babies calling "goodbye"!Lol No deer yet for the deer hunters! But there is another youth season plus regular rifle and the doe season that their tags will be good for. Hopefully better luck next time.
Baby Bunny #2 left today to a nice 4H family from a little south of us. Mom is a Poultry project leader and gave me lots of info/ideas and promised to send some of her stuff she has used to help me! Yeah! She was wanting to take Baby #3 but someone else had already spoke for her. They will be here tomorrow afternoon for bunny #3. We have another litter due around November 17th maybe 2 litters if the little Holland Lop Cloudy took I don't know if she did...
I cannot believe it is November already!! October flew by!! We have a wedding anniversary coming up this month. Its on Thanksgiving this year. It will be 15 years!! No big plans yet...
Kyle still hasn't been called back to work.. Hopefully a week without rain will help them get caught up to where they can call in all of the bricklayers!
The sun has been glorious even if it is chilly...

9 comments:

kestrel said...

I like the last pix with the sunlight streaming in. It is beautiful. Whenever I see a pix like that, I always think, "There must be a God somewhere whether I believe or not. it is difficult to take cob webs, I have tried and they never appear though I can make out some in the last pic.

Rural Rambler said...

We found green grass too under all the leaves after CH sucked them all up! The second and third pictures are great captures Tonia.

Mary said...

Beautiful pictures!

If I miss your anniversary, happy 15th!

I love your goat photos. How many do you hve? there is something about nubians...I just love them. All of the goats I care about, but a nubian is just different. :) What more can I say?!

tree ocean said...

Great pix! If you and the girls have time it is pretty easy to walk the goats. Just let them out and arm yourself with a can of grain to shake and they will come running!
When they go where we don't want them (here at home)we yell their name and kick balls at them or in front of where they are heading. If the ball hits them it doesn't hurt but they get trained pretty fast! At the farm she just makes weird noises and waves her little broom to drive them.

Of course they will run right by that green grass and head for your prized shrubbery! LOL. Usually it is quite pleasant to take them out for a browse.

Ok, more unsolicited advice...LOL. Sometimes with a charger the ground is the culprit if it gets loose or maybe needs another rod. I hate driving ground rods and only have one but this spring my connection got loose. I am sure you guys checked all that but sorry to hear your charger is down-ugh they are expensive! Just wishing it was something simple...but it's not always so simple is it? LOL

~Tonia said...

Lol Friendly Advice is always Welcome Tree!! We did check the ground and walked the fence Usually its something of that nature but havent found anything yet.. My older ones would be okay but everyone under 2 are going right under the fence! Of course they probably wouldnt do it with us out there. I have thought about taking them out into the field but with all the romancing going on too well they are just not real interested in anything but a quick bite! lol They have calmed down though and its suppose to be really nice this week so maybe it will be some "required" goat walking!Lol
I have thrown things like that in front of them to get them to change directions! Works good as long as your aim is decent and you dont hit them! lol Don't ask me how I know!

~Tonia said...

Thank you Everyone! Cobwebs are very difficult to take pics of even if it has the spider on it!
RR we should ahve great weather this week! Yeah FInally!!!
Mary I have 9 goats and all but one have some Nubian in them. She is Lamancha with a little Alpine. They have all been bred to a Nubian Buck!
I fell in love!! with the Nubians when My mom was trying to decide about what breed of goat to get.. We were going over all the different breeds! She had Boers for a while with a Nubian and Saanan for milk.. I have daughter out of the Nubian that is a boer cross. But her mom was what got us all started in goats.
All the goats I have will have a permanent home here till they die from Old age hopefully. I plan on keeping one more Nubian girl from the next set of babies and then that will be my herd. I am trading for a Nubian Buck this next spring too. He will be my permanent buck.
There is something about the nubians all the colors and their personality.. I am starting to feel the same way about Lamanchas!!Lol Never thought I would say it about those No-Eared goats!!

Kelle said...

Glad you're getting some sunshine, finally!
I love the last picture, they are all good, but that one is awesome.

Enjoy the sunshine, we've been getting it here too, even some nice temps. mid to high 50'sF

Well need to hang clothes out, blessings to your day.

small farm girl said...

Our fields have spiderwebs all over them too. Spooky. lol. We still have green grass too. I'm hoping it stays around for a while, that way we wont have to feed our hay.

sfg

Feral Female said...

As always your pictures are beautiful! Hope your fence problems are soon fixed, we used to run electric for our goats but switched to woven wire. The deer seemed to have a penchant for knocking the electric down every night. Oh! And I`m crossing my fingers for your deer hunters too! =)