Monday, November 2, 2009

Forgot A Title Again!

My Light Brahma Rooster and 2 of the hens... They are almost 3 years old now... He is an easy going roo....



Only an easy going laid back Roo would have tolerated this for almost 3 years. Lol


Dot peeking out of her New Box!!!


Cloudy likes hers too! Kyle got all 4 rabbits a new box built yesterday. He made them out of old barn wood from the collapsed barn here.. It worked perfect!


Mariah the Sweetheart who always looks like she is a little surprised! Lol Her little ears flip back.


The stinker who should have went to the freezer.. He now has the easy life.....
Everyone enjoying being out in the sunshine!! I took Tree's suggestion and walked my goats in the field.Ethel, Hope, Sunshine, and April...
It was apparently good stuff.. We made the rounds slowly...
Then I felt like I was being watched and saw this... Momma stray cat who has become very friendly!
Hope chewing on some kind of bean pod thing.. They were apparently tasty because everyone was snatching them up quick!Sasha the pain!! She is the one that started taking everyone under 2 years old out under the fence! My older ones still wont get close to it!
Abby... She is such a sweetie... She was the last baby to try and follow Sasha out!
Ethel has healed well from being dehorned in June. She has a little bit of a nub on each side but nothing to bad...


The Big Stud!!Lol He thinks he is all that.. But still a sweet heart. He will probably be going to the next herd to breed with in the month... I cant wait for babies!!!
It has been another beautiful day! I went to pick up the rabbit tattoo kit I found from some one close by no less!! I got it for a fraction of the cost I would have had to buy it new for. I am getting a Goat tattoo kit with some letters and all numbers tomorrow.. For both kits with just about everything I need will be a lot less then a new kit with only certain numbers and letters would be extra!! Yeah!
So I go to pick up the kit today and its a lady we bought a Mini Lop rabbit buck from a couple of years ago. She is selling most of her rabbits.. I want a pair!! lol They are Mini- Rex and they are Otter colored!! They were like velvet and Soooo nice to touch!! The otter is almost Black but not quit.. With a little light coloring on the ears and back of the neck and around the eyes... I am thinking.. Maybe...
I also have made a deal with my mom.. If I raise the meat rabbits and take care of them she will come and butcher them and we will split the meat! We like rabbit but that is one animal I have a very hard time butchering.. So I wll be looking for cages and probably 2 does and a buck soon...
Anyway... I took Tree's suggestion with the goats and we took them for a walk yesterday in their pasture.. Well the girls tried first and they said they wouldn't behave.. I got out there and they did just fine! Imagine that!Lol
My dad came over tonight. Him and Kyle thought they had figured out why the charger wasnt working.. There was a wire that was loose inside.. Well then it still wouldnt shock the goats.. So apparently it needs a better ground too.. We will figure it out.... But at least I dont need a new charger right away.. I have been looking at some fencing that I would love to put in as Perimeter fencing!! http://www.hawkshadowfarms.freeservers.com/ Click on the stay tuff fence on the website. Its a little expensive but compared to panels its cheaper..
Thats all I have for tonight.. I know eventually I am going to run out of room for the pics here on blogger... I dont know what I will do then...

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

I love the fat cute rooster.

Then looking at your goats in that big field. Made me think 'I need more goats.'

tree ocean said...

Your rooster-all your animals-look great!

That is funny the goats didn't behave until you came out! Guess they know who is boss! I won't walk mine on the lawn without my middle son helping cause he has fast legs! So I take them down to the stream when I do it alone, but with hunting season I don't dare.

I forgot to tell you sometimes they will start yelling expecting their walk which can be a pain if you don't want to...

LOL carolyn more goats well if you want more you probably don't have enough! hehehe.

Your little wether is so cute too, I have a doe that looks a lot like him! I will try and get some pix of her cute little face so you can see the resemblance.

You're going to have some cute babies with that handsome little buck!

And I do hope you get the charger working!!! I need to extend my pen because in the winter the snow eventually shorts out the fence out back and I really hate goats escaping in January!

~Tonia said...

Lol Carolyn!! I know what you mean... I was going to stop at the amount of does i have now... No more... Well now I am keeping a baby from this next kidding season.. But thats it! No more!LOL
Thanks Tree! The girls try to make them stay in one area where I let them wander around a little. They never get to far from me if I am out there. Especially if I have a bucket in my hand! But I hung the bucket on the fence and walked with them. I had a long stick and if the babies started acting like they were headed to places they ought not be and would tap them with it or smack the fence and they would jump back and graze elsewhere.. Which we were in their pen and there is still some old fence that would slow them down around the outside and then the electric on the inside.. And most of them respect it even if its not on.. Except the youngers..
Yeah they did that yelling thing!!Lol Especially Sunshine the baby! If I am late with grain or milking she hollers and If I dont do what she thinks I should be doing she hollers!lol She keeps me in line you know!
Vanilla(Van) the wether is probably one of the plainest colored goats I have ever had!! My friend who helps me sometimes says out of all thase prettty wethers you have had You keep him!!lol I said yep but they were Brats! Always trying to get out and such.. We were glad to send them to the freezer.
I hate chasing goats in January but What I hate worse is chasing them in July!! Its usually Hot and the weeds are at least waist high. They would rather have those instead of their grain so they ignore my rattling of the bucket!Lol
Oh and on eth ehunting season I worried about them like crazy not here so much because we are right on the edge of town and no one should be hunting this close.. But I always thought about tying orange vest or putting orange paint on them....

Kritter Keeper said...

i could never be a 'real' farmer...those faces are sooo sweet. the bunnies are darlings. will you feed that little kitty and give her a nice home?

~Tonia said...

KK-Momma cat and her babies are living in the garage and getting fed.. She also had to be wormed and treated for fleas. We are working towards getting her fixed and her kittens too. They are Great Mousers which comes in handy when you have feed and hay around.
These little bunnies wont be used for meat rabbits. They are to small... I will be purchasing breeding stock for meat rabbits just for the purpose of providing our family with healthy meat. Everything we raise for food purposes is treated humanely to the very end. I understand some people aren't able to do some of the stuff we do.. It takes alot to work myself up to some of it.. We don't take it lightly....